Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres all ya need:

The way to start, blue trays at bottom holds 100 brass, yellow scoop feels powder, lee ergo primer at bottom,,100 380acp/priceless.

leeprecision.com
tjconevera.com (bullets)
ebay shoppin is good too
get your powder & primers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very cool. I'd like to know what type bullets you use for reloading 380. What manual do you go by. I currently reload 9mm, but 380 has gone crazy and I'd like to start reloading it too.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yeah I'd like to more about it also now that I'm done buying more handguns. Got what I want, 9,45 &380 and expensive ammo when I can find it.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
423081.jpg this is what I started with, still use everything but the press.
Got a iron rcbs press at a show for 25

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
About $400 or more? to get started?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
That doesn't sound too bad. Is it a good one or for a few dollars more get one better? A FEW DOLLARS! I suppose, like everything else, there are other accessories that would be wanted?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I broke mine twice, but I was cramming 06 cases up into different dies reforming them.

I really like a solid iron press, my Lee press flexed to much causing over all length differences. Especially on 45acp.

Check out you tube, there's tons of good stuff there.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I've been watching the video's Toney and will look at Hawk's. Not checked on investment but looks to be about the cost of a PM9 at least. STill checking and thanks for the leads. Karhhauler was selling one but way to early for me to consider. I will have to re-visit his thread.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's a great video. When I started, I used a RCBS Rock Chucker like Hickok 45...which I still have and use. It's a single stage which is a great place to start as far as learning. I was lucky enough to be given that one. As I furthered along, I got the Hornady Lock n load AP press.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Now that I have all the handguns I want I'm thinking I may want to invest in a re-loader. I don't want to buy one though just to replace it later. From what I've seen it's a future investment. Still studying it.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Good move bobber............be sure you get what you will be happy with down the road

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
so far it's Dillion but not at the end of the road yet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bob, if ya wanta buy the right press thats simple and self indexing and quality get a rl-550 dillon but its money. Close to 460$ TTD. My dillon 1050 was $1715.00 ttd. The loadmasters with magic mikes mods are about $400 set-up. Dillon 650, some love em, not me iam selling mine and going back to RL-550.

I started w/stuff in post one, just load one bullet one powder for a while. Not that hard. (wish l had known about RL-550 dillon when l started) You should buy a brass washer. Best a B model "thumblers tumbler" from midway. I'll be glad to help ya, call me or email me.

watch:
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...1631400-5667-000004EB0CEC6ED0_zpsf2614e71.mp4

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello Kahrhauler, I'll look up what you've suggested. Like I said I'm in not hurry as funds need to grow for a while and since you offered I'm sure I'll have some questions after getting familiar with hand loading. Thanks. Finally got a 380 I'm sure you noticed. It needs more breaking in as not good enough to depend on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts