Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new CM9 today. Took it apart to clean it and cycle 200 or so times. I noticed lots of black polymer shavings. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
No.......The slide rides on the metal inserts, the plastic rails are more of a guide than anything.......

Reactions: feedramp

·
Registered
137 Posts
Even though it is polymer, do you suggest using grease or oil on a brand new CM9 slide.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Only need to do the metal insert rails.......choice is up to you. Both will work well, most just have a personal preference as what they like and are used to.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I was looking at magazines for my cm9 and I see a standard and covert advertised. Anyone know what the difference is if any? Thanks:huh:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the mag will fit the cm, mk, pm models

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a new CM9 today. Took it apart to clean it and cycle 200 or so times. I noticed lots of black polymer shavings. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
I haven't fired my CW9 yet, but I disassembled it as soon as I got it and cleaned/lubed it. It to had quite a bit of polymer shavings. I reassembled it and racked the slide 200+ times. Then I disassembled it again and cleaned/lubed it once more. It had a few polymer shavings the second time as well, but nearly as many. I wouldn't worry about them, as I think that is fairly normal. However, I would keep them cleaned out of the internal areas so they don't build up over time and cause issues.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The shavings are a fairly common occurrence with a Kahr when new, the slide rides on the metal rails that are inserted into the frame. The plastic rails really act as a guide more than anything..........your ok !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This thread drew my attention so I I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this photo. I just bought this pistol new and noticed this notch in the guide rail. Also, does the widening of the frame seem odd ? Feedback please. image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The plastic is obviously some out of shape..........I looked at my cw380 and it has a little of that........but the slide rides on the metal inserts, and from the picture they appear to be even across.............if the slide racks smoothly without binding, it will be very tight right now..........you should be ok......I don't have a larger poly frame kahr to look at......
What do you think Toney, Lefty, Bobber..?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome LeeHeel9..................by the way !

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
The notch is supposed to be there!

The shape of the plastic is normal, some just appear "fatter" than others. As long as the metal rails are parallel and the slide does not bind up, you are good to go.

Shoot the crap out of it, all is well! :getdown:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
And of course, welcome to the forum! :crazysmile:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Ok........thought so.......

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Sometimes during break in you can get a bunch of plastic shavings. Just clean them out and carry on. That will quit during the break in. I believe that the shavings are mentioned in the owners manual. Of course I could just be dreaming!

:getdown::getdown::getdown::getdown:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Sometimes during break in you can get a bunch of plastic shavings. Just clean them out and carry on. That will quit during the break in. I believe that the shavings are mentioned in the owners manual. Of course I could just be dreaming!

:getdown::getdown::getdown::getdown:
It's very common with a new kahr during break in........as lefty says clean em out and keep on shooting it..........they go away after its broken in.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
This thread drew my attention so I I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this photo. I just bought this pistol new and noticed this notch in the guide rail. Also, does the widening of the frame seem odd ? Feedback please. View attachment 2695
Mine looks pretty much like yours. I've not had any trouble with it. It shoots just fine. Welcome

Reactions: lefty60
1 - 20 of 24 Posts