Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd build our pics of beautiful guns. Notice one side view shows an Inner Tube installed on the grip and it feels much better. OH and polished the barrel you'll notice.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gas Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: lefty60

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Very nice bob.........I know you gotta like the full size grip !! Polishing the barrel does give it a nice clean look.....

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Looks like you can get a good high grip on the gun, giving a lower bore axis............should be very controllable....and not bad in the recoil department ......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it feel good in my long finger hands. I've very very surprised as to how light it is....and a 45. Looking forward to that first felt recoil. I've never fired a 45. I will tell you that grip is sharp with it's many bumps. That tube is almost a necessity.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Yeah some of the grips these days are pretty aggressive. My xds9 grip is very much so, but it doesn't feel sharp to me so I don't mind it. Plus most of the time at the range, I'll wear a shooting glove. I perspire a lot, so it helps me keep a good grip on the gun. And your hand doesn't get chewed by the grip either. I've tried the grip sleeve and while they improve grip and help cushion, they just don't feel right to me, the glove feels more secure.......weird......!!

Reactions: TENWOLVES

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Calm down Toney............,I know it seems not only improbable, but impossible...........this is bob.........and he is coming around........,,,for his next investment, we"ll just have to convince him to do the right thing and expand his 45 collection into 1911 territory

Reactions: TENWOLVES

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
A 1911 - 45 is to a gun owner, like the mighty hammer of the gods is to Thor.........,,,,

Reactions: xsailer

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
COME ON GUYS...........IT'S JUST A GUN!!!!

From Ron is saying about a good gun costing 1500$ and up I will never own one.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
COME ON GUYS...........IT'S JUST A GUN!!!!

From Ron is saying about a good gun costing 1500$ and up I will never own one.
Not really bob, there are some good ones for less than half that, Ruger sr 1911, Remington r1, rock island, metro arms.......to name a few !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Toney, One of the few things I DON'T do.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not really bob, there are some good ones for less than half that, Ruger sr 1911, Remington r1, rock island, metro arms.......to name a few !!
I've looked at all of those but know nothing about them except the Ruger and I like Ruger's. At least the ones I know of.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
I tell ya.........I've seen and handled the Ruger and the Remington ..........they are nicely done 1911's. Good action, fit and finish is quite good as well. I own a metro arms and had it reworked, but it was a nice base gun as well. At around $600, nice finish and action as well. They all are pretty much clones of the original classic design. So it would be hard to go wrong with any of them

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be looking since I have pretty much what I wanted out of the selection of kahrs. I had several Rugers, pistols and rifles. I have no problems with them.

I did like the look of the Rock Island but like I said know nothing about it.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Trust me.........the Ruger sr1911 is really nice for the money................very nice finish, it looks and feels like a much more expensive gun

1 - 20 of 47 Posts