Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my name is Jeremy and im from Upstate NY. i just started the process of getting my pistol permit last week and my fingerprinting is set for Dec 12. Today i went down to a local gun shop called Zach's Sports and was indecisive between the m&p shield 9mm and the Kahr CW9. I decided on the CW9!!!i put 200 down and i will be paying for the rest at the end of this long process!!!! I could be happier and i am excited to learn alot more about Kahr!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome Jeremy! I think you made a great choice in the CW9.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
me too!! ive been researching for weeks and i made the decision today. they had one left in stock but a guy was there putting a down on it andlet me hold it! so they ordered me one and it will be here friday.. not that i can even get it for months..

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum.............and great choice for your CC weapon !!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
me too!! ive been researching for weeks and i made the decision today. they had one left in stock but a guy was there putting a down on it andlet me hold it! so they ordered me one and it will be here friday.. not that i can even get it for months..
That's definitely no fun having to wait like that..........but you can use the time to read thru the forum and learn about the prep part of breaking in the gun, breaking it down and assembly. There are also some good YouTube vids on the handling of Kahrs. Hickok 45 is one of my favorites and he has a couple, since all the Kahrs are so similar if there isn't a specific one on the cw9, the cm / pm model vids and info would be just fine !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome JeremyV to the forum,
As Ron says there is one heck of a lot of info on the Kahrs and all of it interesting even if it's not about your model. I look forward to your comments.

bob

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
:cool: Waves hello from the Oregon coast...welcome Jeremy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all!!! i know its not gonna be amy fun... and i just wanna shoot it! i bought 200 rounds of ammo today though... can you tell im excited!!?? hahaha and @ Ron. I love Hickok's videos, been watching them through the whole process... i have more than 50hrs just researching! and alot more to go!!!! :D thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hickok's video's I agree are the best. I signed up for any new video's by him and watch them all. Do you wonder how many of his dogs he's shot? I see his dog roaming around on the range behind him. Doesn't seem to bother either one of them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahah yeah. im super excited to go and pay for the gun friday.... then its gonna be locked away for months... :( not too excited about that! i wanna shoot it!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Had two police horses that I had to train while shooting from their backs....not a real fun experience. One did really well and took little time to train and accustom to the noise. The other, well, not so much. I usually found myself in a rodeo with him.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Jeremy, You've a better man than me if you can wait that long on purpose. If I had to, I'd shoot it in the closet

bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
your tellig me, im getting the ich to shoot!!!! cant wait till friday and my fingerprinting dec 12. then i have to take a stupid class!!!! damn NY -.-

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Surely N.Y. has shooting ranges for the general public??

bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes they do but I can't even get the gun until after I get the permit and it could take months even though I already will have it paid for. The gun shop has to keep it in a safe until then :/ NY laws are absolutely ridiculous!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yeah, their laws are just horrible for gun owners................anymore, I don't think I could live somewhere that I couldn't CC............it's just become a way of life........................after a while, when you have yours and get used to CC-ing..........,you will see what I mean !!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yes they do but I can't even get the gun until after I get the permit and it could take months even though I already will have it paid for. The gun shop has to keep it in a safe until then :/ NY laws are absolutely ridiculous!!!!!
I just could not live with someone telling me what I can or cannot do (of course we are exempting spouses). We all do it to some extent but then it would be even more if others that want to control had their way. But being a responsible adult that would irk me buying a gun and not being able to have it in my possession. That's an awful thing you're living with.

bob

Edit this email, rereading this I really typed it fast and didn't check left out words, as I often do. I just feel so strongly about other adults thinking different than I do and having to the power to tell me when, how, what, how much, they are going to allow me to do. Like I said we need some laws but for some turd to even try to prohibit me from drinking too much Pop is ludicrous. Same goes for CC licence. If I qualify, pay my dues leave me alone! Soap box moment.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
New Yorks CC laws or even gun registration laws are the worst and Kalifornia is a close second. After serving 22 years in L/E, I still have to return every 2 years to "re-qualify" with the weapon I'm CC'ing if I want to continue to carry in the state. So, I opted out, got my CC here in Oregon and its good in 7 states. It costs me $50 for three years, no qulas or testing. They HONOR my years in service even tho it wasn't served here. Go figure...Go moonbeam:mad:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts