Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically the title.

I'm 27 and finally buying my first gun. My heart is set on a T9 or T40 because the style is amazing, the polygonal rifling, the reviews, etc. Only issue is finding a seller since the two models seem to have gone extinct. I'm also looking for a .460 S&W with 5 inch barrel and having the same issue: Out of stock.

My dad told me a couple sites and to be patient. Emailed Kahr and they said there's no estimate on when they'll resume production of these models. So, for those who have experienced the frustration of trying to find a gun, is there anything that I'm missing here? Should I be going to gun shows just hoping one turns up there for sale? Are there sites/forums/groups that I should be checking? How does a newbie acquire a specific gun right now?

also, since I just moved out West, the .460 is just a good side arm and potential bear repellant (yes, I'll be carrying a long gun and spray too).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Local gun shops (LGS), Gunbroker, Buds Gun Shop, Cabelas, etc. Cabelas deals in used guns and so you may find one on their website that is actually in another State, that can be shipped to the store nearest you. Persistence and patience may both be required in this. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Local gun shops (LGS), Gunbroker, Buds Gun Shop, Cabelas, etc. Cabelas deals in used guns and so you may find one on their website that is actually in another State, that can be shipped to the store nearest you. Persistence and patience may both be required in this. Good luck!
Thanks for the response. Been calling around all over the country looking for one. Think my best bet might be one popping up here or on GunBroker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Davy,
I sincerely wish you well in your search. Speaking personally, I haunted several websites for years but my persistence paid off. Laughing at myself, the old adage of “ when it rains, it pours“ , I blew my lunch money for two of the T9’s in as many days. In one week, one came available on Gun Broker, one on Arms List, and one locally. The two that I got were reasonably priced at the low $600 range. The third was priced stupid and I passed. All I can say is that I continue to urge you to persistence. It will pay off in the end. Without a doubt, this model is one of the best guns ever made.

On the other hand, Kahr Is missing a much bigger market. They need to marry the T series slide to the K series frame. it would make the perfect carry gun.

Swamper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for this- wasn't aware of Arms List and will be checking it religiously.

As for the T vs K series:

What are the major differences in frames? I thought the T series was a K with a longer barrel from the looks of it. I'm totally new to the brand so not caught up on all the details. I found Kahr after searching for a pistols with polygonal rifling. Saw the T series and it's the best looking production pistol that I've seen. I never anticipated buying a striker fire (always preferring hammer due to 1911s) but this one is definitely worth having. I really hope they can start manufacturing again so I don't get heavily gouged buying a used one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Basically the title.

I'm 27 and finally buying my first gun. My heart is set on a T9 or T40 because the style is amazing, the polygonal rifling, the reviews, etc. Only issue is finding a seller since the two models seem to have gone extinct. I'm also looking for a .460 S&W with 5 inch barrel and having the same issue: Out of stock.

My dad told me a couple sites and to be patient. Emailed Kahr and they said there's no estimate on when they'll resume production of these models. So, for those who have experienced the frustration of trying to find a gun, is there anything that I'm missing here? Should I be going to gun shows just hoping one turns up there for sale? Are there sites/forums/groups that I should be checking? How does a newbie acquire a specific gun right now?

also, since I just moved out West, the .460 is just a good side arm and potential bear repellant (yes, I'll be carrying a long gun and spray too).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I've seen these occasionally on gunbroker. If you can live with a polymer frame, a TP9 or TP40 would provide the same basic configuration. The new P9-2 or TP9-2 also have the polygonal barrels and have the bonus of an accessory rail. You've probably already researched this to death, but just throwing it out there.

Happy hunting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts