Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm a regular shooter and edc'er. I recently traded my s&w shield for a cw9. I'm looking to do a few upgrades, first up is stainless guide rod. And night sights. Any recommendations? Also i noticed kahr offers a ported barrel for the cw9, is it a simple drop in install?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum yep.
I've not got answers for you but rest assured others will chime in. When you try out the new stainless rod I sure would be interested to hear you appraisal. Night sights I considered but for me, as slow as I am, I figure if needed for defense I wouldn't have time to aim and this is why I bought my CM9. I do find it to be really accurate when aiming almost all the time when I do my job.
It's nice to have an another experience shooter on board.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum.............the ported barrel is longer than the stock one, so the port is outside past the slide. That being the case it's a drop in type deal. So it's an easy upgrade. Something to think about is how are you going to use it........at the range to help with muzzle flip and recoil. Or do you plan on using it for SD purposes........because if you do, you will need to take into account shooting the gun at night, you are going to have that muzzle flash in front of you from the port. And that could affect accuracy and follow up shots..........may not be the best choice for a SD weapon.......something to consider........kahr offers replacement night sights on their site, meprolights priced reasonably and are pretty good !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome yep!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Fiber optic on front is good for range use........my xds came with one from the factory, and I like it. Don't think if it would be any advantage in a sd situation though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ported barrel would only be for fun once in awhile, as far as the fiber optic front sight. My friends xds has one and i don't care for it. Imo keeping the factory rear sight and installing the red fiber optic front sight is a bad idea. The straight eight sight picture isn't the best anyway but add contrasting colors and i think it would make it harder to align properly ymmv

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Welcome Yep, waves hello form the Oregon coast!:fat:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Welcome to you also Axle! :fat:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My new aegis armory iwb/owb with carbon fiber kydex was waiting in my mailbox when i got home from work :) i edc and my weekend job is plain clothes security and it has been a struggle trying to fing the right holster. I may post a review in a few weeks if anyone would be interested

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I sure am interested and I know others are also. Summer is coming and I'm thinking my homemade one might be replaced if something out there is better. You said carbon fiber kydex. Have you compared this to the stiffness of regular kydex and if so what did you find to be the difference. When wearing mine because it is wrapping around my hip the draw capability is harder. I wonder about the probable stiffer Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The carbon fiber isn't any stiffer than any other kydex that is the same thickness, different companies use different thicknesses, some are very thin others are thicker

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I rarely use a belt holster...its either on my ankle in a Uncle Mikes or in my waistband or in my CC pocket of my vest from Sportsman guide. I guess from wearing one for 23 years I kinda like the freedom from it. Maybe it's like going to boxers from briefs? :huh:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
No Boxers, no Belt, no socks, no Jeep accessories. I like the vest idea.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I know bob, sounds kinda kinky when you say it like that.....Love my vest. Fists my 9mm and my 380 Bersa perfectly. keeps my heart covered with a pistol as well.
$29 for the vest..I have 2..one in drab and one on black:eagerness:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the great thing about this one it can be worn iwb or owb i will be using it mainly iwb but may try it owb for range time

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Let us know...I have a nylon IWB for my Colt 1911 and Sig but rarely wear it..:huh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts