Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday, I purchased my 2nd K40 (NIB) and after comparing it to my 1st, I noticed a big difference between the way the barrel hood fit the rear slide.

The gap has me concerned and while I haven't shot it yet, I have of course played with it. I sent pictures to Kahr, but I wouldn't mind a fellow forum member's opinion.

Is this something to be concerned about, or just the way. Not a huge diffence between their ages.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
If it's the bottom picture one .........looks ok.......does the slide seem to manually cycle smoothly.........if it does you should be fine.....I looked at my MK9, and it looks the same......

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
My pf9 had more... it shot very good.
The lockup takes place at the other end of the hood, if the side to side fit is good I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last picture is of my first K40, while the first 3 are of the new one. There is a bit of movement side to side of the barrel.
Just wanted to make sure that it was safe before I tried it out.

Amazing that they are rather close in serial number range, about 175 between the two of them. I guess even with the best CNC machines, it comes down to the one who finishes the job. The old one fits tight as a drum.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Same answer as on the other Kahr forum, shoot it, it ain't broke!

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Shot it today, works fine.
There you go.............nice............just like me and Toney thought.........shoot the crap out of it and enjoy !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
There you go.............nice............just like me and Toney thought.........shoot the crap out of it and enjoy !!
I like your Avatar lefty but I'm surprised some of the Forum boys haven't said anything about no cloths on. They are very sensitive of what guys wear around here, or at least a few of them are.

Do you still play hot rodding? Rod painting I assume? Being nosey, I'm wondering if you are recovering from injury or just typical health issues like me. No deep explanation necessary.
I won't tell anybody else.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
We have a conservative dress code around here.............we haven't said anything because we thought his avatar was modeled after you bob..............and out of respect.........well you know....!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
See what I mean lefty60? He's one of them.

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Even rat wears clothes ............finely tailored at that...........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh yeah? A finally tailored khaki green canvas vest with 42 pockets in it and carpenter pants??

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
We have a conservative dress code around here.............we haven't said anything because we thought his avatar was modeled after you bob..............and out of respect.........well you know....!!
See we do look out after you bob.....

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I like your Avatar lefty but I'm surprised some of the Forum boys haven't said anything about no cloths on. They are very sensitive of what guys wear around here, or at least a few of them are.

Do you still play hot rodding? Rod painting I assume? Being nosey, I'm wondering if you are recovering from injury or just typical health issues like me. No deep explanation necessary.
I won't tell anybody else.
The avatar is wearing a speedo! His belly just covers it:cower:

I'm living proof that the good lord looks out for children and idiots! My aunt says that makes me an "idiot child":thumbsu:

November 2011, I died:sad: 4 way bypass, bleeding ulcers fixed, stroke, comma, doc's told family I'd pro'ly not wake up:cower: Woke up in "rest home", learned to walk again, learned to eat without choking, escaped from said rest home, back home Jan 1 2012 :getdown: Was healing well & doing great, the killer flu got me Jan. 2013, dang near kilt me again :cower:
Had prostate surgery July 2013, doc said "you've had cancer for at least 20 years?", my response was "ya, so what":lolu:
Of course all of this cost me my business and most of my worldly possessions :sad:

For the most part all of this action has given me new purpose in life, I feel great, I am working part time on hotrods and custom cars again, and still "play'n with guns".

"LIFE IS GOOD" :getdown: :getdown: PS 'cause I like ya all this was the "short" version. :lolu:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
GOOD GOSH! Welcome back to life Lefty. REALLY. I don't think I could have handled the long version even though you did. What a story. Please,,,,stick around a little longer. You deserve it.
I haven't had your problems but now that I'm doing what I want,...mostly, I'm really enjoying most of it.
What rod or gun are working now?

oh,,,btw,,,,that speedo is either very small or you have a big belly cover.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
The speedo is small and the belly is big:lolu: The picture is the same as the one on a coffee mug my wife gave me when I was resting in the "Rest Home". It says "Still a Sexy Beast". FYI, my belly ain't that big, I got 'bout 65 lbs to go and I'll be back down to "fight'n" weight.:tickled_pink:

Hotrods; I am helping a friend do paint prep on a 60 something chev pu, and a 38 chev pu. Turns out that I can still hand block sand like a freak'n demon :getdown: I'll pro'ly never be able to do body and paint work like before. I'm good with that, I was tired of work'n for a living any way.

Guns; I use pistol shooting, in particular, as training to regain my dexterity/co-ordination. 'Sides that "Gun Play" is fun :getdown:

I have a old Ruger standard .22 pistol. It was recovered from the bottom of a river, by a friend of mine.(legally classed as salvage). The thing was so dirty inside, that once cleaned it was like new. Outside has rust pits the size of moon craters! The thing shoots like a champ. I have rebuilt the innards, mounted a red dot sight, and made new grips. Works great, ugly as homemade sin. Next is to fix the outside and refinish it.:biggrin:

I've always welcomed a challenge :crazysmile:

My health issues have been the biggest challenge that I've ever faced. I welcome the challenge, and would hope that along the way I might be able to help someone else overcome their own challenges.

Sorry to be so long winded, but it's genetic in nature.:crazysmile:

Stay Safe :getdown:

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
That's a great success story lefty............got to enjoy what you can while you can.......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I enjoy challenges myself buy I must say NOT the health types. It sounds like you are winning yours which has to be comforting. Health issues are tough but thank goodness it sounds like you are on the winning end of the stick. A good place to be.
Hot Rod'ing has to great fun. I think if I was in it I would do a Rat Rod.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
If I were to build a hot rod for myself, it would absolutely be a "Rat Rod".:tickled_pink:

And I'd drive the thing every day, rain or shine. 'Course if ya don't want to drive yer rod in the rain, ya got'ta move out'a Oregun.:crazysmile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts