Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first ever Kahr pistol, a cm9.
I put 100 rounds through it so far without a hiccup.
Much happier with this than the SCCY cpx2 the cm9 replaced.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum basshnter1. Any particular thing you like over the SCCY?

·
Super Moderator
23,409 Posts
Welcome and good choice.......sccy is actually here in daytona beach fl........they were supposedly started by ex Kel - tec folks and offer great customer service. You have the second generation gun, which supposedly is pretty good..........like bob said what didn't you care for about it....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
SCCY does have very good customer service and I did have to send the one I had back for repair.
That gun uses two pins to hold the receiver to the frame and they would constantly loosen and move every fifty rounds or so.
You can easily see what I'm talking about in Hickok45's review of the cpx on Youtube. I got it back from SCCY out $25 bucks in ffl fees and still the same problem.
I also hated the long heavy trigger pull and equally long reset.
The cm9 has a much better trigger and I prefer the slimmer profile. The cpx is not a bad shooter but why bother when less than a hundred bucks more will buy a much better gun from several different manufacturers.
Kahr,Bersa etc among others.
The best customer service is to never have to use it, which is my goal with the cm9.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Waves hello from the beautiful Orygun coast....and I agree. My Bersa is flawless. :getdown:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum :crazysmile:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waves hello from the beautiful Orygun coast....and I agree. My Bersa is flawless. :getdown:
Thanks, My soon to be ex wife has a Bersa ultra compact pro 9mm that I bought her.
I would buy a BP9cc in a second if I didn't already have a Ruger sr9c.
Another terrific 9mm.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Not to be brash upstart but are you checking your guns at the door? We want you to make it to old age, my age.

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Ex-Wives I think..they tend to bring out the worst in armed men...:huh:

Reactions: lefty60 and ron54

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
That......err..........those!!!!and the other way around.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Me too............I was worried about losing a Forum Member on Post 9.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually our breakup is pretty mutual and I bought her the gun for self protection after we split.
She never would have bought a gun herself.
She has practiced with it and is actually a pretty good shot.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I figured it was an amicable break since you bought her a gun. The best kind and good for both of you.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Good for you Basshunter although that's the stuff Dateline stories are made of..IJS:sad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts