Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See'ing that title was already in use, had to throw the 'also' in there...... "Hi everyone, my name is Cletus. I'm from SE Michigan, and have a gun buying problem"......... lol. I've been buying and trading guns for about 16yrs now. So far I've owned a total of 130 firearms, 90 of them handguns. But never once a Kahr. I've always eyeballed them, but never understood the attraction until recently. I picked up a PM40 at a gun shop a couple months ago, and really was impressed with the size and quality of the machining on the slide/barrel. Started reading more into them, the reviews, customer inputs, etc.... I was pretty hard pressed to find anything anything negative about their product line. More recently, I had a 1911 Micro Compact GI with some issues, and put it up for trade. Tomorrow I will be adopting a CW45.

While I personally love 1911's, had 14 of them, some of them have proven a little picky. I wanted a cc piece in a 45, but wanted it to be reliable like a glock, but not-glock 'I dislike glocks'. After the trade offer of that CW45 I'm getting tomorrow, I've done my research and sounds like they're a very reliable piece, and better looking than most other tupperware guns IMHO. So, I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through it over Christmas week.

Will try to post some pictures, if I do good at the range..... :D

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
"also" is just fine. Nice to have you with us and looking forward to them pictures. Gun Buying Problem? Naw It's a learning experience. You'll have company here as a couple of the forum guys like 1911's.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Sounds great...........enjoy it....they are sweet guns once broken in...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello Cletus,

You and I have much in common; compulsive buying problem requiring serious couch time with a trained professional (I'm not talking about a hooker), affinity for the 1911, both from Michigan, but I thought I had it bad when I found myself with 30 handguns. Welcome.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It's a sickness for which there is no cure, let's get that out right up front...........I really like my Kahr and other guns are great also........but a 1911 is something special..........oh yes...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
"also" is just fine. Nice to have you with us and looking forward to them pictures. Gun Buying Problem? Naw It's a learning experience. You'll have company here as a couple of the forum guys like 1911's.
One of these days bob you will get bitten and buy a1911...........then you'll see what it's all about....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm bitten already but......money and my weak will power keep me in control...............so far.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
That's ok..........it all comes in time..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello Basie88 and welcome to the forum,
I've belonged to GG(Guns Ganonymous) for a while and it's helping some. As you can above it doesn't help all of us.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome Basie88. Do I hear a piano?

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
You guys are making bob sweat and shake...(not a pretty mental picture):eek:

Welcome aboard Cletus, I too have a fondness for the 1911 but alas nothing to your arsenal. I possess only two..the Kahr/Thompson Auto-Ordannace WWII reproduction and a Colt series 90 Double Eagle.
Colt DE.jpg Thompson-auto 1911.jpg

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I will keep it in mind thanks for sharing the information.
Welcome Basie....enjoy the forum but watch bob with both eyes,,,;D

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
:eek:.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone. Yeah, I'm intrigued not only by the track record these guns are showing, but the trigger as well. While I prefer SA triggers, I get the concept of safety they had in mind when they engineered the long DA pull. Also pretty cool that most 1911 Officer's mags will work in this CW45, with a slight modification. I do most my own work already, so anything grinding, stoning, polishing, buffing, I'm fearless in that dept.

Ratfink...... That Double Eagle is good looking. I've always wanted to get one of those. I also should have mentioned I'm addicted to Colt's as well, so I appreciate any Colt for that matter. My current Colt's are a Trooper MKIII .357 with a vent rib barrel, a Boston PD marked Official Police that needs some serious TLC, and a Colt Agent .38spl snub. I carry the Agent daily cause of its light weight. Out of my 1911's, I've had three Colt's: a original WWI dated 1918, a Combat Commander MK IV from the 90s, and most recently a WWI Reproduction model. All were sweet shooters, but I think my WWI Repro was the nicest by far. Can't wait till my next one, which probably will be a GoldCup Series 70. Hell, its only money.........

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome basie88.....

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Thank you everyone. Yeah, I'm intrigued not only by the track record these guns are showing, but the trigger as well. While I prefer SA triggers, I get the concept of safety they had in mind when they engineered the long DA pull. Also pretty cool that most 1911 Officer's mags will work in this CW45, with a slight modification. I do most my own work already, so anything grinding, stoning, polishing, buffing, I'm fearless in that dept.

Ratfink...... That Double Eagle is good looking. I've always wanted to get one of those. I also should have mentioned I'm addicted to Colt's as well, so I appreciate any Colt for that matter. My current Colt's are a Trooper MKIII .357 with a vent rib barrel, a Boston PD marked Official Police that needs some serious TLC, and a Colt Agent .38spl snub. I carry the Agent daily cause of its light weight. Out of my 1911's, I've had three Colt's: a original WWI dated 1918, a Combat Commander MK IV from the 90s, and most recently a WWI Reproduction model. All were sweet shooters, but I think my WWI Repro was the nicest by far. Can't wait till my next one, which probably will be a GoldCup Series 70. Hell, its only money.........
\
Nice! Love those Colts...I traded one of my 303 Enfield's for this one...1908 Colt Vest-pocket 25 colt vest 007.jpg

·
Registered
3,021 Posts

\
Nice! Love those Colts Gold cups are like icing on a great cake! ...I traded one of my 1942 303 Enfield's for this one...1908 Colt Vest-pocket 25 colt vest 007.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You traded a Enfield for that? nice. Must be a pattern. I traded a Enfield & a EAA cz75 clone for a Colt Trooper "pre MKIII". I later had one of their "Jr" .25acp models, the FIE ones made in e'SPAIN'a. But mine was the later one assembled in the US. Didn't' have the "Made In Spain" mark on it. Nice little guns. But the original 25 like yours is still on my watch list.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
You traded a Enfield for that? nice. Must be a pattern. I traded a Enfield & a EAA cz75 clone for a Colt Trooper "pre MKIII". I later had one of their "Jr" .25acp models, the FIE ones made in e'SPAIN'a. But mine was the later one assembled in the US. Didn't' have the "Made In Spain" mark on it. Nice little guns. But the original 25 like yours is still on my watch list.
Nice!...I didn't know about the Spain editions. Learn something new today.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts