Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty nice collection of handguns and have been looking at Kahr for several years. For some reason I just never pulled the trigger until 2 months ago when I bought an MK40. After shooting it through a couple of boxes I was amazed it took me this long. I have since bought a K40 and once again, I love it.

I own 7 1911's and as many of you can agree, you can get a great one or one that will drive you crazy. I have two handguns from Kahr that have never failed me at all. I have two, but I know these will have bothers in the future.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome aboard and great choice of weapons !!!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome Michigan! I am happy with my CM9. I am at 48165.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello and welcome Flieger,
I've never had a 1911 but have looked at several. Never shot one either. I thought them to heavy and big to carry for me. I've seen though differences of opinion from those that do carry them. Since I got into pistols for CC reason's only I've really just studied the smaller weapons. I'm sure it's thrill to fire them. I know when I'm located next to guy firing one at the range I feel something. I think it's more of a concussion than a thrill though. I will say they are a very distinctive looking gun and a few are down right nice looking. If had a little more dollars coming in I would be more interested. They are high dollar.

bob
Again welcome and we look forward to your comments

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
LOVE my 1911's!!!!!!!! Welcome aboard. My only Kahr is a 1911 Thompson Auto-ordnance 1911. It's a sweetie. Don't mind the bulk of it cuz it make BIG holes and you only need one hit. Anywhere and it decimates the target. ...whew, got carried away and excited for a moment....gotta go find the wife. BRB:p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello and welcome Flieger,
I've never had a 1911 but have looked at several. Never shot one either. I thought them to heavy and big to carry for me. I've seen though differences of opinion from those that do carry them. Since I got into pistols for CC reason's only I've really just studied the smaller weapons. I'm sure it's thrill to fire them. I know when I'm located next to guy firing one at the range I feel something. I think it's more of a concussion than a thrill though. I will say they are a very distinctive looking gun and a few are down right nice looking. If had a little more dollars coming in I would be more interested. They are high dollar.

bob
Again welcome and we look forward to your comments
The amazing thing about the 1911 is how slim it is. I find I can hide a full size government model easier than a modern compact. One of my regular carry pieces is a compact Sig. The problem with the smaller modern autos is the width, which is one of the reasons I found Kahr. Although they have the same squared slide look, they are thin and easy to carry.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. I appreciate being here and have my fellow forum members help me build my Kahr collection.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Your welcome. The more the merrier. I'd bet with you that most of us are 'building" gun collections. I'd like to look later at kahr45.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOVE my 1911's!!!!!!!! Welcome aboard. My only Kahr is a 1911 Thompson Auto-ordnance 1911. It's a sweetie. Don't mind the bulk of it cuz it make BIG holes and you only need one hit. Anywhere and it decimates the target. ...whew, got carried away and excited for a moment....gotta go find the wife. BRB:p
That's another reason I carry a 1911. For kicks one day, I took a two inch brass plate and placed it behind blocks of wood, with a large telephone book in a regular size wash bucket. I shot a Speer Lawman and it blew through the whole thing. It absolutely destroyed the brass plate. I showed it to my wife and she said, "I would not want to be on the receiving end of that".

A 230 grain choo-choo train just doesn't stop.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Good point! My 1911 is pretty slim..my Ruger LC9 is light but a bit more bulky..but it fits nicely in my ankle holster.
Happy Thanksgiving y'all;D

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
"That is serious snow country!"

Your right John it is, now he lives in Colorado? Snow! Just proves you guys ARE masochists.

(Don't like to hammer Newbies Mikejones675 but..just an observation to prove an earlier post)

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Come on bob........you live for this.......

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Ya know I've seen that stuff...waaaaaaay off in the mountains. Looks cool (pun intended).
Actually we had snow here on the coast last year...ok, it was only 2 inches and was gone in a day but it was snow...:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
A lot of times when it snows 2" in Ks. it stays on the ground for weeks.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Um, just for clarification purposes 2" is almost a foot right? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts