Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my New P380 yesterday and hope to shoot it soon. I have 5 or 6 semi-autos (LCP, PPK, Sig P229, 1911 etc.) but this slide spring is the hardest to cock I have ever seen. Even with gloves on it likes about 3/8" being back far enough for the slide catch. Is this normal?

Thought it might be used (but no "U") even thought I bought it as new (came with 3-mags 2-6 & 1-7). Tried to call Kahr but no answer.

Any suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Larry. The .380 is a sweet little firearm, and will be a bit "stiff" when new.

Clean it, lube it, cycle it approximately 200 times, clean, lube, cycle again, clean and then a final lube... :eagerness:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum Larry. Follow the advice given and enjoy the P380.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just cleaned it again and made sure the rails were clear and lubed. It's still stiff but the slide racks and locks and it should.
Can't wait to shoot it.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome..................yep the advice given is what you should do.............then shoot the crap out of it...............and last but not least.............enjoy it !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome larry, Nice to have you involved by posting.

I racked CM9 a couple hundred times while watching TV then left the slide pulled back and locked with slide stop. It helped.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome larry, Nice to have you involved by posting.

I racked CM9 a couple hundred times while watching TV then left the slide pulled back and locked with slide stop. It helped.
That too........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Waves hello from the Oregon coast Larry! & Welcome aboard to the largest collection of assorted nuts since Planters!:crazysmile::geek::growl::rock::mp3::stuff::beer_hat::startle::phone::phew:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
And we got bob too............

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Oh yea, that too! :cower:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I want to be a sorted nut too.

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
bob, I think your the shell that keeps all the nuts together...:startle:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh my gosh. I can't take that responsibility on. Some are just much too nutty. <grin>

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
The "nutty" part or the "responsibility" part?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Definitely nutty !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh GOOD! Nice to know I'm just one of the other nuts. But then your appraisal is coming from one of the nuttier ones. Of course I mean this in a good way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts