Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my New P380 yesterday and hope to shoot it soon. I have 5 or 6 semi-autos (LCP, PPK, Sig P229, 1911 etc.) but this slide spring is the hardest to cock I have ever seen. Even with gloves on it likes about 3/8" being back far enough for the slide catch. Is this normal?

Thought it might be used (but no "U") even thought I bought it as new (came with 3-mags 2-6 & 1-7). Tried to call Kahr but no answer.

Any suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Larry. The .380 is a sweet little firearm, and will be a bit "stiff" when new.

Clean it, lube it, cycle it approximately 200 times, clean, lube, cycle again, clean and then a final lube... :eagerness:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum Larry. Follow the advice given and enjoy the P380.

·
Super Moderator
23,624 Posts
Welcome..................yep the advice given is what you should do.............then shoot the crap out of it...............and last but not least.............enjoy it !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome larry, Nice to have you involved by posting.

I racked CM9 a couple hundred times while watching TV then left the slide pulled back and locked with slide stop. It helped.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Waves hello from the Oregon coast Larry! & Welcome aboard to the largest collection of assorted nuts since Planters!:crazysmile::geek::growl::rock::mp3::stuff::beer_hat::startle::phone::phew:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I want to be a sorted nut too.

Reactions: Ratfink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
bob, I think your the shell that keeps all the nuts together...:startle:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh my gosh. I can't take that responsibility on. Some are just much too nutty. <grin>

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
The "nutty" part or the "responsibility" part?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh GOOD! Nice to know I'm just one of the other nuts. But then your appraisal is coming from one of the nuttier ones. Of course I mean this in a good way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.