Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All

Just got my first Kahr an MK9, well don't have it yet as its in my Great states gun jail for the next 10 days.

Looks like a good site with lots of info on Kahr's.

If anyone has some tips on the MK9, please send them my way or point me in the right direction.

Currently looking for some wood grips and the right grip screws for them, any help would be great.

Thanks

Shakatak

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome......

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
This is my MK9 with wood grips........they are available on Kahrs website. They come in smooth or checkered like mine. They do send screws with them, of you want like hex head screws......I believe you can use 1911 screws, but need the short ones.......

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ron54
Thanks for the pic of the MK9 wearing wood grips, I'd ask if you like them better that the black plastic stock grips, but if they are still on your pistol then you must.

Any tips , tricks or other insights into owning and maintaining the MK9?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome. I wish you and your kind all the best luck I can for your once great State to regain its senses. California deserves much better. American People deserve much better

And, yes you will need the short 1911 screws or use a rubber O-ring. If you tighten the O-ring to much, you'll lock the magaizine in the grip.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yep......I found that out the hard way....... good to remember to point that out.....actually I use the little o rings to help keep the screws from backing out so easy....

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The best info I can give you is shoot good quality ammo thru it..... to eliminate ftf's, clean and lube it well, rack the crap out of the slide when you get it, shoot and enjoy it......they're built like tanks.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey KeeperOath and Ron54
Thanks for the replies and luck, the once great state of California needs all the luck it can get.
I'm California born and breed, still love this state but it keeps getting harder and harder.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome Shakatak from snowy cold Michigan. I know you guys would love to have our snow this year.:coldb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts