Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up gun last week and took it to the range Saturday. I had- 50 rds. Fiocci FMJ and 20 rds. Liberty Civil Defense HP.
Getting through the Fiocci's was HELL !! Lot of failures to go into battery fully. Took a nudge on the back of slide.
Now the bittersweet part. Shot the $2.00/rd. stuff perfectly! Let's see- 150 more rounds per Kahr "break in" @ $300 ?
Or just keep stuffing the junk in it? I really like shooting this gun, it's fun and very accurate. What's the latest practice ammo that the P380 likes that won't break the bank completely?

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome...................Mag tech 380 runs great in my bodyguard........

·
Registered
148 Posts
+1 on the Magtech. I also like Aguila.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome to the nicest Kahr Forum this side of Mars. I'm glad to know the Liberty cartridge works well in the P380. If you would, please buy some of the expensive exotic ammo from G2 Research. Shoot it through your P380 and let me know what you think, OK? :>)

I'd break-in the firearm on ball ammo and then switch out to the SD rounds. You wouldn't put cheap gas in your Dodge Viper so don't put cheap ammo in your Kahr.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yep that's how to do it....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Picked up gun last week and took it to the range Saturday. I had- 50 rds. Fiocci FMJ and 20 rds. Liberty Civil Defense HP.
Getting through the Fiocci's was HELL !! Lot of failures to go into battery fully. Took a nudge on the back of slide.
Now the bittersweet part. Shot the $2.00/rd. stuff perfectly! Let's see- 150 more rounds per Kahr "break in" @ $300 ?
Or just keep stuffing the junk in it? I really like shooting this gun, it's fun and very accurate. What's the latest practice ammo that the P380 likes that won't break the bank completely?

Thanks for the help!
I picked up a p380 while my cw380 is at Kahr getting a new striker and whatever. I have a bunch of fiocci and it will not feed. As the cartridge enters the chamber, the round nose hits the top of chamber and it won't slide forward further without a push on the slide. Guess the angles are such that there is too much friction where it contacts the chamber. Other stuff runs fine. So far I like the p380 over the cw. My first impression was that the polymer part was of higher quality but ill wait til I have the two side by side.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On my CM9, the kahr instructions said to lock the slide back and then release with the slide release to load a round. I tried racking back without locking it and it would not go into battery. How did you load the bullets?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Load from slide lock.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keeper, I had to google the G2 RIP. First point is if you end up in court having used this in real life you are screwed. Nothing about defense in the name or advertising- just murder lol.
Second, without even testing a round I doubt it will run reliably in the P380. Too tight in there for all those jagged edges. This might be the pickiest gun ever for what it likes.
The Liberty ammo is 50 gr rated at 1500 fps with a huge cavity. Not a flat nose- there is NO NOSE. Why does this work? No idea. But it does.
Plus it's called civil defense, not civil homicide. Big mistake by G2.
So....next up, +P !!!
Sorry I can't help you on the G2 testing Keeper, but thanks for pointing out a round that makes the cost of the Liberty seem reasonable man!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
That's a good way to do it and then try to load up if you can............

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't use the exotic rounds, but I do collect them. Your right Riderxx, some of these "modern" ammo are a bit expensive.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks Mike, I do my part to keep people guessing what am I trying to say. :>)

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It's working. :encouragement: :jaded:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went to the LGS yesterday to look at the 380 menu. I told the counter guy to skip the Fiocci's as they don't run yet in my gun. His response? "Really? They work fine in mine" What the hell does that have to do with anything? I hate guys like that. "You don't have a P380" "Well, no."
So I'm very happy for his Fiocci love, but he just became a shoe salesman to me.
OK, I feel better now.
Only other range round option was Serbian PPU, got a box of these but don't have high hope for them. Also some Rem Golden Sabers and Hornady Critical Defense. Oh, and another box of the Liberty Civil Defense. Sorry but I kind of like these things!
Total of 120 rds. $115 out the door. Ouch.
Hope to get to the range again this weekend for more break in.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It goes to show that just because someone works in a gun store doesn't mean they know much about guns !!

Reactions: feedramp
1 - 20 of 119 Posts