Kahr Handgun Forum banner

newbie to kahr from southern , in

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ron54 
The k40 is an excellent carry gun. I had one that I carried some, but my main carry is an mk9. It is a smooth accurate and built like a tank gun. You will want to get a good holster and stiff gun belt as it is all steel and has some heft to it. Then it will be easy to carry with comfort, so don't skimp there. The heft helps in the recoil as the 40s&w is a high pressure round, and tends to be a little snappy. I only traded it just last week. I found that with my mk9, I just wasn't shooting or carrying the k40 like I thought I would when I bought it. And I have a bunch of 9mm ammo that I can shoot, so the new gun itch got the best of me. Once you get it follow the kahr break in, clean it, lube it on the heavy side, rack the slide a couple hundred times, only shoot fmj round nose for the first 200 rounds ( no wwb brand ) and you will be very happy with it.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.