Kahr Handgun Forum banner

How Do You Deal With No Guns Allowed Signs ?

• Ignore sign and enter

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Comply with request and disarm, then enter

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Just don't go there or patronize them

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that it might be interesting to poll members here, as to how you react to no guns allowed or gun buster signs ! I'm talking about the signs you now see in malls, movie theaters, restaurants.......etc. Not the places that are forbidden by law, like federal buildings, schools, court houses......etc. The question is...........do you ignore the sign on the mall door for example, and go on in and shop if you are CC-ing. Or do you honor the request, and say leave the gun in your car, then enter. And lastly do you just not go into that establishment. Those will be the choices for this poll..............

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
It really depends on where it is, if I can I will send the wife in. If I can get it elsewhere, screw them...

I will pull my iwb out and leave it, but...:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Ditto with Toney, The clinic where we go is gun free and security walking around everywhere. But most everywhere else I carry. It is concealed and because it is small even in OBL pancake style I would have to expose it and that isn't likely. To tell you the truth there are a few stores that have 'no gun signs' up and I never noticed them and been going there years. I pretty much, with a few exceptions, will disarm but I don't like it and will try to find another place to shop if possible in the future. The stores that do allow I make it a point to say "Your a smart business for allowing and thanks for letting us know by posting". Those stores are hell-of-a lot more safe than others. At least the BG's know it would be safer to move to a store that posts NO GUNS.
I will say I just remove my weapon and leave my holster on when going in GFS (gun free store)

I just did last week buy a gun safe cabled and to the under seat area.In a case like this Ron how do you want us to vote?

In a case as explained above how would I answer? I think your survey important for us and businesses if they should be tuned in.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
:eek: I'll take the "tried by 12, vs carried by 6" rule of thumb. Unless I can do business elsewhere or the owner/employees are armed. Which beings up another "bone of contention" for me. Most gun stores, the employee's are armed, which makes good sound sense. Big 5 on the other hand, doesn't allow there employees to carry in store.
There was a incident at a Big 5 in Watsonville CA where a nut job came in, chained the front doors closed and cut the locks off the gun rack. He then starting shooting as cops arrived luckily the store employees got out before he started shooting. One well armed employee could have stopped that early on.
Oh and cops "dispatched" the nutter...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
More stories like this need to be in front of store owners eyes. CC'rs ARE NOT A PROBLEM!! If owners were smart they would openly welcome CC'rs if for no other reason than to improve the apparent security level of their stores. Lawyers advice to the contrary be damned.
I've written a couple letters to the local newspaper Letters TO The Editor column and although they have included many of my other letters they will not publish favorable articles or letters about responsible CC folks.

I look forward to other knowledgeable comments from obviously experienced hands concerning making it safer for the general public. Thanks Mr. Fink

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Thanks Bob...and you may call me Rat lol.....8)

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does that saying go...............my protection is only seconds away................while the police are minutes away......!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My thought on the subject is, if it's not against the law, I'm going on in. After all I'm CC-ing, so no one knows or is likely to find out. And in Fla. those signs don't carry weight of the law. So the most the place can do is ask me to leave...........which I would do.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I carry concealed and concealed means concealed. I don't advertise and any way that I am carrying. In decades, I've never been called out. Banks, Schools, Federal buildings, etc excluded. Those places I do not temp fate.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I carry concealed and concealed means concealed. I don't advertise and any way that I am carrying. In decades, I've never been called out. Banks, Schools, Federal buildings, etc excluded. Those places I do not temp fate.
Agreed..............same here !!!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
My thought on the subject is, if it's not against the law, I'm going on in. After all I'm CC-ing, so no one knows or is likely to find out. And in Fla. those signs don't carry weight of the law. So the most the place can do is ask me to leave...........which I would do.
I agree Ron. I also think the stores do what they think is best for business. No other consideration when deciding to post the signs or not!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It boils down to this..........,no one who is a CC'r and a sane person wants to shoot someone. Let alone get into a conflict. The reason I, and assume everyone here that carries does so...........is to end and or avoid the situation you didn't want to be involved in the first place !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And if I may add to the above..........if you don't have that mind set..........,,you probably shouldn't be carrying !!

Reactions: John70

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, nothing contained in any provision of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall be construed to limit, restrict or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of any person, property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity. B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle. C. A property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity may prohibit any person from carrying a concealed or unconcealed firearm on the property. If the building or property is open to the public, the property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity shall post signs on or about the property stating such prohibition. D. The carrying of a concealed or unconcealed firearm by a person who has been issued a handgun license on property that has signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms shall not be deemed a criminal act but may subject the person to being denied entrance onto the property or removed from the property. If the person refuses to leave the property and a peace officer is summoned, the person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00). E. A person, corporation, place of worship or any other business entity that does or does not prohibit any individual except a convicted felon from carrying a loaded or unloaded, concealed or unconcealed weapon on property that the person, corporation, place of worship or other business entity owns, or has legal control of, is immune from any liability arising from that decision. Except for acts of gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct, an employer who does or does not prohibit their employees from carrying a concealed or unconcealed weapon is immune from any liability arising from that decision. The provision of this subsection shall not

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow........that's a mouthful !!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I was thinking the same thing............what I got out of it was this...........you have the right to own and carry a gun, and no one can infringe on that right. But..........they can dictate by posting a sign that you can't bring your weapon on to their property, or in their establishment. And if you violate that, you can be fined up to $250. Anyone else interpret it differently..........please educate us !!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And lastly..............no man in his right mind could have written such a thing............had to be penned by a women !!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Its E. that I'm not getting.
Yeah the can ask you not to, no one can keep you from keeping one in you car, all they can really do is ask you to take it and leave, then fine.

I seen the fine went from 25 to 250....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts