Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did l tell ya l got another dillon press. Yep, a dillon RL-550.

Loading w/it but waiting on few parts, Got torch out and bent hand lever bar dwn a lil'.

Super light from xtremeDeals & beefed up from R. Shack stuff.

Running 9mm, had to get old battery out and scrape contacts in primer buzzer.

THIS PRESS WAS NEVER USED, I FOUND IN BACK OF PAWN SHOP AND THEY SOLD IT TO ME.

You saw its big brother.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Sweet!!! But honestly if I wanted mass produced ammo...
Speed loading for me, dropping ball powder from a measure directly into case without weighing it at least twice.

I make some of the best loads in the world, one at a time.

Well at least I.think I do:welcoming:

I

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I remember you saying you shot every day. About how many rds per day might make a difference in method of loading?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bob, l load many nites a week cause l enjoy it. I shoot mornings or evenings depending on work. lndoor range is open 7 days a week. I have a press for each of pistol calibers. Have rl 550 for sell. Some days l shoot 40 and others up to 100. Bob, single 60 year old people have time. Most dont have that. Loading takes time. I also cast,coat,and cook my projectiles before sizing. No one here but me, time is the answer. I would never buy a press smaller than dillon rl-550 & this press can be used by beginer! IMO, your ? is answered by what size press. Some might be in trouble with a lee classic turret press depending on how much they shoot plus most all are gonna have to prep brass which should take the most time. Even buying projectiles it takes time to make ammo.

l dont shoot rifle.
$225 a year for range/shoot all ya want indoors
lve always had free brass and lead.
My carbine shoots 40sw.
Never touch lead much my bullets are stained/coated/cooked on.
l buy 5000 primers every time from midway.
Powder, l have to hunt local & sometimes midway.

Garage bob, always cover my presses:

Blue bucket things on floor catch ammo then its cartridge gaged and boxed.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I remember you saying you shot every day. About how many rds per day might make a difference in method of loading?
I can load fairly fast using the batch method, for every step but seating bullets I pick up two cases at a time.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Quite a production line kahrhauler. Thanks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
parts came in from dillon $44.32.

lights:shell plate

Complete and sweet:

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
11 grand W/seperator, hehehe! They make a smaller version.

I know somebody that bought one. I like to buy some copper plated ever so often when my check look better. I get free ww's. Dont forget the"new deal" is stained/twiced baked lead bullets. Lube is a smelly thing of the past for some and growing. Or ya can buy em cheap.

bayoubullets.net
twoalphabullets.com

I size smaller @ .355 & .451

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
This tread is really interesting Kahrhauler and really foreign to me. I know nothing about reloading and the terminolgy. But it is interesting to read. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I thought the engineering background in you would be able to relate here bob....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
As I said, I do find it interesting. The cost and minimum shooting I do doesn't warrant getting involved in it.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Just shooting 9mm probably wouldnt pay to reload.

It wouldn't take that much 45acp or most revolver rounds to pay off the equipment.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Pretty slick operation, but I already have at least 12 hobbies too much now. Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts