Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range to break in my CW 380. It was very disappointing. I expected it to have some trouble at first but my goodness... I don't think it made it through a single magazine with out one or more malfunctions. Failure to feed, failure to fire, slide won't lock back on an empty mag. It seems to come out of battery very easy and constantly needs to be nudged home. A good number of failures came on the first round loaded. The grip used didn't matter, the ammo type didn't matter and the magazine didn't seem to matter either.

What on earth is going wrong with this thing...? I want to like it (I did buy it) but right now it's as useless to me as a paper weight. Any suggestions to remedy this? Or should I get a G42?

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Several things to consider / try:
  • dry racking / actuating the slide several hundred plus times before its initial firing session works the springs & helps bed in friction surfaces...worth a try before your next range session
  • on the FTF's loading...did you slingshot the slide or use the slide release? On all Kahr's use the slide release per their owners manual...very little room for error to insure slide is pulled all the way back to insure proper feed if racking by hand
  • all pistols can be finicky with certain ammo (bullet shapes, manufacturers, etc.)...what ammo type(s) are you referring to?
  • call Kahr technical support if problems continue...

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I have the CT....same gun just a tad longer, taller. I had no issues with feeding ammo.
I agree with using slide release and not slingshoting. These guns are tight.

Yours might be a good candidate to send back to Kahr. They'll fix it.
I had to send my CW9 back 2 times.....but it has been flawless since.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Been a while since I was in last time. Have the CW 380 I sold to neighbor a while back. He died and his son said he wanted me to have the firearm back along with a few hundred rounds of Pwr"Ball ammo. It was only shot probably 100 times in the last couple of years. Cleaned and and lubed it, took it to the range today... the slide is still almost impossible to manually rack, (around 800 rds thru it and a trip back for Kahr to look at it....they replaced the ejector for some reason..????) but cycles 100% when shooting. Still accurate as all get up. Up in the air if I keep it...great little summer wearing a draw string shorts EDC here in Fl. Good to see some of the familiar names again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts