Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this forum doesnt look up to date, but here goes.

I recently picked up a used P9. But the grip frame is the same size as my PM9. My first thought was that someone cut the frame down.
I wrote to Kahr and they said it was a Covert. But when I google 'P9 Covert',
I see a model with the P9 grip frame and the shorter PM9 slide, which makes more sense to me.
So what do I have?

Thanks

Tom B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tomboyjr

First, welcome the forum. And, congratulations on getting what I consider to be one of the best handguns that Kahr screwed up. Let me explain. The gun you now have is great, wherein they combined the K9 length slide with a smaller but similar PMP frame (actually the dust shield on your P9 is a bit longer than the PMP). It was called the P9 Covert. Kahr made the identical gun in 40 S&W, called the P40 Covert and, lastly, Kahr also made the K40 Covert. I personally LOVE this configuration! Having the longer barrel and sight radius, offering a bit more velocity and potential accuracy is great. Also, the other benefit is that the slide is a little easier to manipulate contrasted against the duel spring models, such as the PMP. The Covert platform really rises to the occasion for concealed carry. The smaller frame is great for concealment like your PMP but the longer slide is more comfortable for me. As an aside, I am a rancher. Since the Covert is frequently at hand, it has accounted for several coyotes.

Where Kahr screwed the pooch is discontinuing rather than expanding this platform. I would love to see them make the K9 Covert, again, having full slide with the abbreviated butt. I have three of the K40 Coverts and one of the P9 Coverts, wishing I could be more of the former. If you find you don't like your gun, I will buy if from you. (Always love taking care to cure buyer's remorse. LOL!)

Swamper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts