Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a P9 and sometimes it doesn't want to feed. Both JHP (mostly) and FMJ. I see a ridge on the feeder of the magazine and it seems it pushes the round too far up and jams sometimes. Anybody else seen this?

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Sir Winston Churchill

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First or second round.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, 4. They all seem to do the same thing. They all have the ridge on the feeder. All Kahr brand.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Pics!!! Usually a nose up jam is caused by low slide velocity. Could be the ammo or your grip.

I couldn't see all four of you mags being bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! I'm at work Toney! They frown on me pulling my firearms apart at my desk.

That's exactly what mine looks like. When I get home tonight I'll take some pictures for tomorrow or later this evening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope this comes through Toney. One is a Pro mag one is a Kahr (obviously0. I filed the ridge off this mag's follower and it seemed to help. The Pro Mag basically works the same as the filed down Kahr mag. There is no ridge on the Pro mag as you can see. I'd like to show you how the round enters the barrel (weird cant) but am unable to as can't do that and take a picture at the same time! Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Wood Gas Gadget Hardwood Wood stain Wood Audio equipment Gas Gadget Tool Wood Bicycle part Auto part Hardwood Metal Wood Office equipment Bumper Automotive exterior Electric blue Wood Gas Cylinder Metal Hardwood

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Don't know if it could be a problem with a weak recoil spring...........do you have another you can try ! I have also read that if the mag springs are too tight, it can push to hard on the first round and cause a misfeed. Have you tried maybe leaving a round less than a full mag and see if the problem still happens...........might be worth a try !

Reactions: Tidal

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Are you getting the jams loading or shooting? How many rounds through it?
Has anybody else shot it and had the same problem?

Is the head of the case under the breach face when it jams?

I'm thinking grip, but then again my pistol wont fail limpwristing...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heck yeah it's worth a try. And will do so. Makes sense seeing as the Pro mag is brand new. Forgot I had that one. It's odd as I've been around many Kahrs and have not seen this. It went on the back burner after my woman decided to carry another...she doesn't trust it. If i can prove to her...then it'd be another story.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you getting the jams loading or shooting? How many rounds through it?
Has anybody else shot it and had the same problem?

Is the head of the case under the breach face when it jams?

I'm thinking grip, but then again my pistol wont fail limpwristing...
Loading Toney..mostly. Probably a 1000.

Yes, the case seems to catch.

There is no limpwristing here.

·
Super Moderator
23,424 Posts
Could also be as Toney suggests.............sometimes you got to try a series of things to eliminate the problem and find the cause......

Reactions: Tidal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could also be as Toney suggests.............sometimes you got to try a series of things to eliminate the problem and find the cause......

Tried a few things. Thought somebody else may have experienced this. I'll continue to make attempts.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Are you using the slide release? You can slingshot one, but you can't ride the slide at all.

For the nose up problem your probably not getting the slide far enough back.

I can make my slide hang up every time riding the slide. Finger Musical instrument accessory Nail Gadget Table

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you using the slide release? You can slingshot one, but you can't ride the slide at all.

For the nose up problem your probably not getting the slide far enough back.

I can make my slide hang up every time riding the slide. View attachment 657
Yeah I thought that may be it also. Maybe a complete spring kit from Kahr? Or do either you or Ron have a preferred alternative brand?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
You know these pistols feed like a 1911, the nose of the bullet isn't gently guided up the feed ramp, it crashes and deflects off of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Toney and Ron, just tried to take a picture like yours Toney. It eventually feeds the round in the chamber after about 3-7 seconds. Not enough time to take a picture. 95% JHP. Make any sense? Certainly doesn't seem like the slide spring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You know these pistols feed like a 1911, the nose of the bullet isn't gently guided up the feed ramp, it crashes and deflects off of it.
Understood Toney. I've never had this issue with my 1911 though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts