Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I currently have 3 M&Ps, a full size 9mm and a compact 9 and 45. They are all very good pistols. S&W years ago came out with a small 380 Sigma and I hear they are now working on a 380 version of their M&P due to the popularity of the LCP and soon the P380. With most states issuing CC permits, the market for truly small, easily concealed pistols has exploded. I ordered a P380 to replace my LCP a month ago and it arrived at my dealers Feb 27'th. I did the paperwork on Mar 3'rd and will be picking it up my next trip to Chicago (200 miles away). Just from holding a P380 I really like the feel much better than the LCP, also the sights are a big improvement. It will be interesting to see if S&W can shrink thier M&P down to this size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jocko, just be patient and hopefully you'll find one soon. When I ordered mine I was just casually talking to the owner of the shop and mentioned the P380. I almost fell over when he asked me if I wanted to see one. My dealer is a LEO distributor and had one he was showing to various departments. After playing with it for a minute I placed my order and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up a few weeks later. While the LCP is a neat little pistol, the P380 just blows it away. It feels better, looks better and has a great trigger, the only bad aspect is that it cost almost twice as much. But I feel the Kahr is that much nicer to justify the cost. I also have a Kahr K9 and P45 and have been very happy with them. Kahr makes a super quality pistol and the P380 is top shelf. Even though I'm retired now from the CPD, this dealer still gives me the police price which is greatly appreciated and eased the sticker shock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kraigster, have you tried many different loads? I've been stocking up on WWB truncated FMJ load. 380 ammo has really dried up since the LCP came out last year, so everytime I find a box I snatch it up, found 2 boxes of Corbon 90 gr JHPs at a small shop. Since the P380 has a locked breach it should handle any load.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts