Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Jack, if your PM9 is working Ok, don't mess with sending it back. It sounds to me from the rounds u put down range that it is OK. Only address an issue when there is an issue. One failure could have easily been the shooter also, with as many rounds as u put threw it that day. Many kahrs that were in that barrel issue the kahr tech told you about never went back for the recall as the owners had zero problems, Kahr reworked the ramp on those sent back that had issues. In ur case, just shoot it like you stole it.

Great guns. MY PM9 has 18.700 rounds through it and never one issue. Only thing ever happened to mine was when I was cleaning the magazine, I had a cracked follower,but it never failed on me. New follower and I have never had a failure. I carry in front pocket 24/7 in a desantis and wear jeans 99% of the time and ride a harley carrying in that position. I personaly have no problems with it in that position. You may think it prints but that is because you know u are carrying it. Think aobut this. How many people do u see every day that you visually check their front pocket for a weapon. You just don't and nobody else does either. It's obvious to you because you know u are carrying it..

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a M & P and I can shoot rings around my kahrs (both of them) with that M & P. It has been totally reworked by David Bowie of bowie tactical. What a shooter it is to. BUT the M & P is really a single action gun with no hammer. It is totally cocked and all u need to do is touch the trigger. There is really no cocking of the striker assembly with the M & P. glocks are alittle different. They are about 50% plus precocked and just waiting for that slight touch of the trigger. Your PM9 is maybe at best 20% precocked and required 3/8" total trigger pull to ignite a round. That is the only safety these kahrs have a looooooong trigger pull. Smooth as glass but looooong. That is why you will read alot about a kahr shooter (right hand) saying my gun shoots low and to the left real bad, is there something wrong with it???? It is the looooong trigger doing it. It takes alot of rounds down range to get used to a kahr trigger. I to this day after all the rounds through my PM9 have not mastered it. I'm alot better but the best way to test out what I am saying and this goes for the P380 also, is to buy some snap caps and put about a half dozen in with about 30 live rounds and let someone load ur magazines for you, so u don't know if there are any snap caps in that magazine or what. Trust me, when you almost breakthat trigger off when hitting a snap cap round, u will understand what I am saying..

Port that puppy and you willthink you died and went to heaven ;D

·
Registered
371 Posts
mag318 said:
I currently have 3 M&Ps, a full size 9mm and a compact 9 and 45. They are all very good pistols. S&W years ago came out with a small 380 Sigma and I hear they are now working on a 380 version of their M&P due to the popularity of the LCP and soon the P380. With most states issuing CC permits, the market for truly small, easily concealed pistols has exploded. I ordered a P380 to replace my LCP a month ago and it arrived at my dealers Feb 27'th. I did the paperwork on Mar 3'rd and will be picking it up my next trip to Chicago (200 miles away). Just from holding a P380 I really like the feel much better than the LCP, also the sights are a big improvement. It will be interesting to see if S&W can shrink thier M&P down to this size.
U ARE ONE LUCKY dog to have gotten a P380. I am still waiting, looking and begging dealers around here within a 100 mile sto get ahold of me. so far nothing, nadda, zero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts