Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew there was a CW380 and I seen one at Cabela's last week and loved the feel of it, so today I bought it for $329.00 :CB-280508-0:
I seen the P380 online when I was looking at guns to get for pocket carry, but they where over $600 and I wasn't going to spend that much on a pocket gun, but news to me there is a CW 380. :getdown:

CW3804.jpg
CW3802.jpg
CW3803.jpg
CW380.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hello Simplejack, Welcome to the Forum. I zoomed in on your pics just to make sure I wasn't seeing what I thought I was seeing. Your 380 laying on SAND! Whew.... Have you run any rounds thru your 380 yet and if or when you do would you mind letting us know how you and it are doing? I've recently bought one and looking forward to getting it "broken in".
Good Pictures btw.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the fine weapon......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Welcome and sweet pistol! :getdown:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Not so sweet for me yet.....Back to Kahr the other day.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
bob, what was it doing?
Round wouldn't go in the chamber. Rear of casing stopped at the firing pin and the bullet just in the chamber and hung up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a cw380 did the kahr prep and lube and went out and shot 50 rounds with no problems! Very accurate and like it even better than my cm9.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Whitlow, Welcome........and I'm jealous.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is the CW380 bigger (longer, taller) than the P380?
same same same in all dimensions. The same gun except the barrel. Cosmetics and extra mags are the other differences.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Got the following right from the Kahr site:

Differences between the Kahr CW380 and Kahr P380 models include: the CW series has a conventional rifled barrel instead of the match grade polygonal barrel found on P models; the CW slide stop lever is MIM (metal-injection-molded) instead of machined; the CW series slide has fewer machining operations, and uses simple roll marking instead of engraved markings; the P380 comes with two magazines, but the CW series comes with one 6 rd steel magazine with flush baseplate. Lastly, the slide locks back after firing the last round – another feature missing on a number of other value-priced compact semi-auto pistols. The durability and reliability of the CW380 model makes it a strong consideration as a backup gun for law enforcement.

BTW slowburn, the dim really aren't all the same. Slight variations. It would seem they wouldn't make any difference but on a small gun it may not take a big difference to make a big difference

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh you will huh?? What'ya putting up pilgrim?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to the forum Simplejack. Nice little Kahr you have there.... :encouragement:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got the following right from the Kahr site:

Differences between the Kahr CW380 and Kahr P380 models include: the CW series has a conventional rifled barrel instead of the match grade polygonal barrel found on P models; the CW slide stop lever is MIM (metal-injection-molded) instead of machined; the CW series slide has fewer machining operations, and uses simple roll marking instead of engraved markings; the P380 comes with two magazines, but the CW series comes with one 6 rd steel magazine with flush baseplate. Lastly, the slide locks back after firing the last round – another feature missing on a number of other value-priced compact semi-auto pistols.
BTW slowburn, the dim really aren't all the same. Slight variations. It would seem they wouldn't make any difference but on a small gun it may not take a big difference to make a big difference
Forgot about the slide stop lever.

The site description is a little confusing because BOTH lock back after the last round, which is a nice feature. Also, the P series all come with 3 mags now, and a nice molded box. I believe the tiny difference in overall length (.06") and weight (1/4 oz) is just the different barrel. Everything else, other than the cosmetic differences on the outside of the slide, is the same. As far as parts and peripherals for these guns (mags, lasers, holsters, etc) I'm told you can order anything made for the p380 and it will fit the cw380 fine. You can even order the machined slide stop lever for $23 if that's important.

If I were buying new today, I'd get the CW, but I got a nice P380 used, just broken in, for a decent price when the CWs were not available at all, and I'm really happy with it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts