Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new operator of a this weapon and would like input / experiences on ammo. I know the best way is to try them but protection rounds costing what they do I rather start with a short list. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum ztribe400 and congrats on being the new operator of the PM40. The only thing I have shot so far in my CM9 is Federal and Rem FMJs. So I cannot help with suggestions but I respect Toney's knowledge.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The suggestions so far are good ones.....I have had good luck with both rem umc and federal hydra shok. The other I would add is hornady cd........

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally prefer Hornady critical defence. It's very reliable (in my PM40 anyways) and I like the polymer tip that prevents the hp from clogging.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Welcome to our world ztribe400.

Forum Question: With the bigger calibers is the filled hollow point that much more of an advantage over a hollow point.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Howdy, I carry rem umc HP in 9, 40, and 45. View attachment 1036
I've shot a lot of those in .38spl., 9mm, and .40 S&W. work good and reasonable cost.

I do prefer nickle cases for defense loads, so generally carry Federal Hydro Shock or Hornady critical defense loads. :getdown:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Welcome to our world ztribe400.

Forum Question: With the bigger calibers is the filled hollow point that much more of an advantage over a hollow point.
Don't know if they do or not, but they look cool. :getdown:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
why nickel cases for defense loads?
And, it's kinda like putt'n chrome wheels on yer car, Be styl'n. :crazysmile:

Mostly the ammo stays much cleaner, longer. Therefore will remain reliable much longer. The Nickle plating is generally tougher than most dirt and dust "collected" by your pistola, so the crud is not as likely to stick.

:getdown:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It's shiney and therefore very smooth, even and a slick surface.................which tends to make it easier to cycle smoothly and as a result can be more reliable........

·
Registered
111 Posts
As a general rule until I know what the gun will digest, I try to stay while HP's that mimic FMJ's.

I don't know if everyone feels that way. For that reason, I carry Golden Sabers.

I also like Speer Gold Dot as well, but there is so much to choice from these days. It should always be what shoots 100% reliably.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try a few different brands and see which functions best then choose from those the one that has the best reviews as far as penetration & expansion.
Ball ammo that functions 100% is better than one or two shots of the best hollow point that won't function reliably in your gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts