Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a older pm9, slide pulls back smooth w/o a click. Just inherited my brothers newer pm9 (beveled slide), slide pulls back and makes a clicking noise. Called kahr tech support, they had no idea if that was normal or not, not sure how many rounds if any have been thru it, but seems very few. Anybody know if this is normal, it dry fires without issue.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I do not believe it should make a clicking sound while pulling the slide back with no mag inserted.
However- it should click when it gets all the way back- IF a mag is inserted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does it with and with out mag inserted, maybe it's the striker I hear cocking. Gonna take it to the range soon and I will see how it performs with 115 FMJ ammo. 5 BOXES TO BREAK IN RIGHT?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the newer-style PM9, and can definitively say it doesn't "click" (or make any odd sound) when the slide's pulled back... with or without a magazine inserted, and with or without rounds in the magazine.

Not directly related, but I will add, if you haven't put in Mcarbo's spring set, do so.

Amazing reduction in pull, crisper striker let-off, and 100% reliable ingnition, with HP or FMJ. What a huge improvement, and for just $15!

I also can't say enough good things about their $13 feed ramp polishing kit. Amazing results! Might be a little hard to tell from my photos, but if your feed ramp doesn't have a mirror shine, use this kit to give it one (same goes for the exterior of the barrel chamber, if you like the polished look)!

I have no affiliation with Mcarbo -- just an enthusiastic Kahr owner happy with their products!

Material property Automotive exterior Fashion accessory Metal Auto part

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts