Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum spikesrus850t, what specifically would you like to see?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I just feel that the trigger pull is a little hard and long. If there was a way to smooth out and shorten the pull this would make this pistol absolutely unbeatable. Don't get me wrong for the size and caliber there are very few pistols that can compete.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Kahr pistols have one of the nicest factory triggers on the market. They are set that way for a reason, as otherwise you may have an unintentional discharge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not disputing that the factory trigger is not good but most people classify the PM9 as a backup pistol and will carry it in their pocket. This is the main reason for the long pull. What if you want to carry it as a primary a crisp short pull would be desirable.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
It supposedly reduces the pull and reset................but the stock trigger is pretty good as is.............!!!!!!!

Reactions: feedramp

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw a video stating to replace the striker spring with Wolf springs. They have a kit that is supposed to reduce the trigger pull. Has anyone tried this and if you have does the pistol still function reliably?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I replaced the Striker and Slide Pin spring, to a 5# on a CM9 with Wolff springs. Barley noticeable to me.

Welcome to the forum spike.......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
No. I've not heard anyone wanting to improve the smooth pull but have heard of folks wanting a shorter pull.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see that xsailer sounds interested in improving the trigger. We will never agree on everything all the time and we all have our own preferences whether it is gun, car whatever, but if there is a way to improve something it is worth the effort. If the sear from Galloway Precision decreases the pull by 20% and reset, this trigger will be awesome. If anyone get any additional info don't hesitate to share it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm only interested to keep informed and one never knows if not looking at other ideas. I, like the others, am very happy with the trigger the way it is. I repeat though, I would like to hear your experience and opinions. Heck I would never have tried Kahr's not having read the opinions and experiences others had.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait a minute, what you are saying is that the CM9 trigger is as good as the Sig 1911 Ultra? I won't go any further, correct me if I an wrong but the Sig 1911 Ultra is single action right? How is it as good? I just want to improve the pull and reset. Don't want to get on anyones bad side.

·
Registered
108 Posts
True the Ultra is SAO. I was shooting both this morning (not at the same time!!) and they both have a light trigger pull. In fact I double tapped a couple of times on both!!! (Probably too much coffee before going). I guess it is to each ones individual taste as to what they are comfortable with.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Wait a minute, what you are saying is that the CM9 trigger is as good as the Sig 1911 Ultra? I won't go any further, correct me if I an wrong but the Sig 1911 Ultra is single action right? How is it as good? I just want to improve the pull and reset. Don't want to get on anyones bad side.
Spike, from what I've seen posted I wouldn't consider, at all, that because of your actions anyone is considering you to be on their "bad side". I think the comments Posted are honest are straight forward, no nonsense, opinions. I'm sure nobody on the Forum means you any malice.

Your statement "I just want to improve the pull and reset." is a valid quest on your part and as I said, I'm interested in your follow on appraisal, sincerely. In fact I'm anxious to see what you find even though I like the trigger as is.

As a Newbie please continue with your Thread & Posts. I'm enjoying them as I'm sure others are too.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I don't think you need to worry about getting on anyone's bad side. I see you carry a sig 1911 as well as the cm9, two different worlds there. I assume you carry the sig cocked and locked, which is the way a 1911 was made to be carried. So even though it has a SA trigger you got the safety on. I don't know what the trigger pull is on it, probably 5 - 6 lbs from the factory. Which I think is the minimum for safe carry with a SA trigger. My 1911s except for 1 have had trigger jobs, and their pull is 3.5 lbs or so. I don't carry them as I'm not comfortable with that light of a trigger on them, they are my range guns. The kahr has that long da trigger, which is smooth and long. That's the safety on them, as they are designed primarily for sd carry. Everyone has a preference and yes generally speaking a shorter pull and reset makes for a nicer shooting gun. As long as you are aware that altering the trigger in that way takes away some of the safety that was designed into it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts