Kahr Handgun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
I have but the cost...I already dumped about $250 into his $400 dollar pistol... How much does that run?
That sucks........on the other hand if you like the gun, and other than the issue probably caused by the previous owner with the over zealous dremel...........which in the hands of most have caused more damage to guns than not........it just might be worth replacing the barrel......

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
I would think if it's a standard spec 1911 a replacement barrel would run about $150...........don't you think Toney ?

· Registered
3,021 Posts
That's not too bad...I have a gun smith buddy working on it to ensure that is what it is. We've replaced the extractor and polished that and replaced the sere, hammer, grip safety tang and got the pull down to 2.5 lbs. It just chooses sometimes not to go completely into battery. Not always, it improves with JHP rounds. I thought I'd have to replace the receiver?

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
That's not too bad...I have a gun smith buddy working on it to ensure that is what it is. We've replaced the extractor and polished that and replaced the sere, hammer, grip safety tang and got the pull down to 2.5 lbs. It just chooses sometimes not to go completely into battery. Not always, it improves with JHP rounds. I thought I'd have to replace the receiver?
I had a lot of that type work done on a metro arms officers 1911......and basically the only thing stock left is the frame, barrel, slide, and slide release, also a trigger / action job, along with tightening the slide to frame fit.......the gun is basically a custom now and is a sweet and accurate shooter........

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Interesting read gentlemen.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Anything to do with the art world I enjoy and I just happen to be getting in what your talking about. My Air brush is an older model too but not as old as your 1911. I didn't know they had air brushes back then. Learning learning. And Battery Powered too....wow.

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
Might as well what you got into it for the necessary fix, I don't think you could replace it with anything nicer....

Reactions: Ratfink

· Registered
3,021 Posts
That's about where I'm at there Ron...spend another $200 or make it a safe queen. I can't sell it in good consciousness...even Rats have ethics. (chime in anytime bob):ass:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.