Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting the Kahr DLC P45 and just hoping to here some good stories about it as an EDC. Round count, holsters, accuracy & range reports, and any other information you want to share will be taken seriously. Thanks!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't own the P45. I do have the CW45 and I really like it very much. For me it was availability of one vs. the other that drove my decision to buy the CW45. It was in stock and the P45 was not. I've shot it enough to get through the 200 round break in plus a bit more and it's been perfect through all ammos. Zero failures to do anything. It would be hard for me to believe that the P45 wouldn't be as good or even better than the CW45. Purchase without reservation. There is one real advantage to the CW45, and that is you can shoot lead bullets since it has a conventionally rifled barrel.

I did add a hogue handall jr on mine. The CW45 rides shotgun and usually never leaves the car unless I chose to bring it along. The handall may provide a better grip if it's ever needed in very cold weather. It rides in a Law Concealment Holster LCH II 1/2 which I can wear IWB or drop into a cargo pocket or jacket pocket depending on what I am wearing that day.

My PM9 has the black coating on the slide and I like it as much as the plain stainless. If all black is your thing, then by all means go for it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
the dlc finish IMO is awesome. You don't see P45 in dealer gun cases like you will the CW45 and price is the factor. Internally they are identical, so you not cheaping yourself one bit by getting the cw45. and now that kahr even offers night sights for the CW series gun, I would think this would be a great gun for the money

they will shoot identical, Just that you can't buy the Cw in the black finish but you can in the P series

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a P45 when they first came out , it had a few issues but it was one of the first ones .
Since I corrected the problems it has been 100% and is one of my favorite carry guns . Easy to carry/shoot and it's a .45 ,what's not to like :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi guys
I've had my KP 45 for a few weeks now, and have 150 or so rounds through it, the K stands for black slide, and I like it, but stainless is great to, my gun has shot flawlessly except for the 7 round magazine which I'm calling Kahr tomorrow about, seeing how there not open today on Labor Day, I've taken it apart and everything looks fine, but it wont allow a round to go into battery, the new P series guns now come with three magazines, my two 6 round mags. work just fine, I have a Crimson Trace laser guard coming for it, and I'm also putting True Glow TFX day and night sights on it, which I have on some of my other guns, and really like, I have a IWB Kydex holster coming from Alabama Holsters, I really like the size and fit of this P45 and plan on using it as my EDC gun once the break in is done , so far it has fired every type ammo I've put in it, the P45 is so much more lighter than my 1911's and should carry very well, I also have a PM9 which has run flawlessly... and I'm very happy with...

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Wow....how in the world did someone from Oregon find Alabama Holsters?
They are not far from me, I had no idea they were even known outside locally.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Wow....how in the world did someone from Oregon find Alabama Holsters?
They are not far from me, I had no idea they were even known outside locally.
Higgy, in Oregun we gott's that interweb thingy! Ya can't hide anything from us. :crazysmile::lolu::lolu:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi guys
I've had my KP 45 for a few weeks now, and have 150 or so rounds through it, the K stands for black slide, and I like it, but stainless is great to, my gun has shot flawlessly except for the 7 round magazine which I'm calling Kahr tomorrow about, seeing how there not open today on Labor Day, I've taken it apart and everything looks fine, but it wont allow a round to go into battery, the new P series guns now come with three magazines, my two 6 round mags. work just fine, I have a Crimson Trace laser guard coming for it, and I'm also putting True Glow TFX day and night sights on it, which I have on some of my other guns, and really like, I have a IWB Kydex holster coming from Alabama Holsters, I really like the size and fit of this P45 and plan on using it as my EDC gun once the break in is done , so far it has fired every type ammo I've put in it, the P45 is so much more lighter than my 1911's and should carry very well, I also have a PM9 which has run flawlessly... and I'm very happy with...
Check that the mag follower or spring is not getting bothered by the magazine release bar. That is one of the issues I found with mine doing the same thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts