Kahr Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having problems ? I was shooting this weekend and it was spreading apart . I probably could have pulled it off of the bottom of the mag .

I emailed Pearce with some pics sunday night but have not had a response yet . I went back to the factory base plates , the last thing I need is all the ammo shooting out the bottom of the mag .

It's a shame because I really like the way they make the gun feel , i also have them on my PM9 and they look perfect and have seen much more use

I tried to post some pic's but I can't seem to figure it out

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem - after about 10 shots, the extension cracked and came off, dumping cartridges and mag parts on the range floor. The vendor replaced it promptly at no cost, but I haven't taken the new one to the range yet...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Back to the range today, with the new extension. Split and came off the magazine on the first shot. The lip on these mags that retains the floor plate or extension is very small. To make this truly reliable, either the extension would probably have to be metal, or it would have to be bonded somehow to a metal floor plate. There just doesn't appear to be enough lip for a completely plastic piece to be reliable.

I've had good luck with extensions on mags of other model pistols, and other P380 users have reported no problems, but no more for me on this pistol. Guess I'll wait for the 7-round mags to hit the market.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I visit another forum regularly and was warned about this problem after I bought mine. Well sure enough mine broke that rail right off. Back to metal base plate not worth putting my life on the line with some cheap plastic piece that is known to break

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a set of P45 grip extensions form a guy on ebay and got 2 for 19.95. They look and feel great and the gun has a nice fit and fell now. He is known as:
skoobyzzstuffstore

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Welcome..............Good info thanks............,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I had a similar with the plastic extensions. During class the instructor says eject that mag to the floor and put in a new one. Every time I did that I had to readjust the plastic on the mag. It never did come all the way off but it over rode the retainer button on the bottom of the plastic extension. I'd have to slide it back to lock on the pin. I'm sure something could be done to help but never heard of anything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have on 2 of my 3 mags for my CM9. I have just installed but have not gone to the range yet. I will definitely see what happens and let the Forum know my results.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
W.C., I should mention the plastic extensions were on my M&P9c mags.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Collector. Did you let them fall to the ground out of your grip? That's the only time I had any problems with them.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It definitely was for me, almost every time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was debating on the purchase of the pierce, but the jury is still out ... :judge:

They should not break or chip, if the quality is there. Dropped or not.

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
You would think that they are made of the same type of polymer that the gun frames are made of for durability..........guess not !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I was debating on the purchase of the pierce, but the jury is still out ... :judge:

They should not break or chip, if the quality is there. Dropped or not.
Mine didn't break at all. When dropped from the grip cavity the slide on plastic to mag "catch" would come unlatched by about 1/8" and I would have to slide snap it back in it's "catch" hole.

·
Super Moderator
23,330 Posts
Man that seems like it's hardly worth the effort. The only experience I have with them is they come pre attached to my s&w 380 mags. And seem durable and stay in place. On my other guns I'm just used to curling my fingers under the grip as a natural way of grabbing the gun in my hand. So it just has become comfortable for me to handle and shoot the gun that way.........really what you adjust and get used to !!

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I don't know about current production Pierce grips, but I have had 6 of them in use for about 5 years now. No problems of any kind and I run them hard.

I've dropped them, stepped on 'em, and even thrown 'em down. Not broken yet:getdown:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts