Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I haven't gotten my P380 as yet, I'm looking at holsters. I'm wondering if the back panal on the Hidden Hoster Back Pocket version can be removed so it can be used as a front pocket holster? It also looks like by this panal being removable it is easier to get your hand around the grip for a faster draw. I know of a couple (K&D and Pocket Holsters.com) where the panal either snaps off or can be removed with a couple of screws so the holster will serve a dual purpose. I'd prefer to support our sponsor if the same is true on the Hidden Holster one.

TIA

Jack

G

·
Jack, shouldn't be a problem. Just shoot an email to Jim at Hidden Holsters. I am not a big proponent of back pocket carry but if that's your preferance, go for it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kraigster

Sorry, I didn't get this in the right forum. The advantage of the back panal being removeable is that when used in the back pocket, the panel bends out of the way when you draw. ie: You slip your hand between the gun and the gun side of the back panel so you get a better hold on the grip. The second advantage is that with the panal removed, it's a perfect front pocket holster.
Take a look at the K&D Holsters or the pocketholsters.com. This option allows you to use one holster in both front and back pockets.

Jack

G

·
Jack, I had one made long ago for my P3AT with the on/off flap, nice holster. If you are going to carry in the back pocket, no question it makes sense. My concern about back pocket carry is sitting on the gun, the holster possibly riding up, and the fear of a savy pickpocket who has been self-taught to spot a gun or at lest think there's a thick wallet back there. Call me overly cautious. On the other hand, I find getting to my side pocket holster just as fast. It all comes down to what is best for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kraigster

Good points about the gun riding up and the chance of a pick pocket. I'm retired and spend most of my time wearing jeans. Right now, I'm trying to carry my PM9 in a Super Fly pocket holster in my front pocket and it's very uncomfortable when I sit down. That's why I was thinking back pocket. I was thinking about the back pocket style to work in an inside jacket pocket also. Particularly when I'm on the bike. I thought the flap of a back pocket holster would print less when used in a light weight jacket.

Jack

G

·
Jack, I hope to be SOON retired. :) I envy you. Depending on the jeans, your built, etc. etc. a back pocket holster could be tight impacting on how fast you are able to retrieve your weapon. Also, the contour of your ahem....:) could play a part. There really is no one holster for everyone but I think the consensus among most pocket pistol carroers. is that side pocket carry presents less risks, greater comfort, less chance to ding your gun, and quick if not quicker presentation.

Before I got my Hidden Holster I used a Superfly for my P380 and found it plenty functional. A good choice. But there is just something about a fine crafted leather holster.

By the way I'll go out on a limb and say Jim of Hidden Holster could certainly provide a back flap, not rocket science for sure if that's what you want (easy for me to say LOL). Most of the smaller holster makers will special design/tweak at the customer's request, not so with the Galcos and the Desantis' of the world.

Good posts!
Have a great weekend.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hey All
Just wanted to say that I do make a holster that has a removable panel, I call it the chameleon. The rear panel is removed with Chicago screws. Feel free to call me at 813-404-1855 with any questions.
Jim
Hidden Holsters 8)

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Pretty much the same as the rear pocket holsters I have pictured. Instead of attaching the main holster to the panel using rivets and stitching, I use two Chicago Screws and make the main holster more rounded for front pocket use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts