Kahr Handgun Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Take your guide rod out of the slide and place it in the frame and see if it sets in its pocket ok.

I still think your not getting the guide rod centered in the slide here's a pic of my guide rod bottomed out where it belongs, and a pic of it where I think yours is hanging up, and a bad pic of the lip. Hand Finger Office supplies Office equipment Gadget
Office supplies Pen Office equipment Eyelash Writing implement
Hand Auto part Electronic device Automotive exterior Gadget

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I can see the problem. There is a lip about 1/4" in front of the guide rod seat that my guide rod flange is catching on.

In photo 1 you can clearly see the lip. The photo 2-3 you can see that the guide rod flange is stopped short of the seat by this lip.

Hand Finger Automotive tire Bumper Tire

Hand Finger Gadget Bicycle part Thumb

Hand Finger Thumb Nail Gadget

I do not see how the pistol was assembled in the first place as I can't see a way to wiggle the flange past this lip. It is hard enough to seat it properly it with the guide rod alone, not attached to the slide.

See my problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, this is my first ever post and hopefully my last. Haven't even shot my cw380 yet and I decided to take it down to have a look. After multiple issues trying to get the slide back on I ran into an issue where I couldnt get the slide back on for literally two hours. Turns out the ejector was out of spec and locking against the firing pin/whatever that part is called. No amount of force would drive it the last half inch. A solid stop. Had to pry it away through the magwell while pushing the slide into place. It's all back together again. Hopefully this nightmare is a dream to shoot. And I hope I save at least one poor soul the time and frustration I had from a literal out of the box defect.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts