Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, it's in....just needed a third hand. New vice jaws have really been coming in handy! Now I just need three hands to rack the slide!!!
:frown: Not sure why I'm still wasting time/money on this gun....but I do like how it shoots and looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well done! I've never resprung that type of RSA on a Kahr, but have replaced the spring on my CW 40 several times! A new spring in the CW40 will also require a special tool for the first install (a dowel or punch inserted from the muzzle end of the slide to keep the spring from bending while being compressed):tongue-new::grin:

Hope the spring change makes your pistol run like a champ :eek:nguard:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I emailed Kahr after receiving two springs for the recoil assemble. The larger spring was almost the same as the old one. The smaller spring was twice the length of the old spring. Kahr told me the smaller spring is shipped UNSPRUNG. Go figure. There is a procedure to make it so it can be installed in the p380. They told me to find something that would go inside the smaller diameter spring tightly (so the spring doesn't bend out of shape), and to push down on a hard surface (table) 5 or 6 times. This would respring? The smaller spring allowing me to initially get it installed. After firing the p380 the small spring would return to it's 'normal' size, and be easier to reinstalled after disassemble in the future.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CW380 is SOLD. Someone else's problem now :).
Added a new family member that runs like a champ!

·
Registered
133 Posts
With around 1000 rd thru it and 2 trips to Kahr my CW380 is still almost un rackable. Operational perfect while shooting it (and that is what Kahr says matters), but not a warm and fuzzy feeling to carry if a jam should happen.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I just bought that LCP Max......had a hard time trying to hit the target with it- but finally got it lined up. I carry it almost daily now.

I see our old friend Lefty posted in this thread 3 years ago. We miss him :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts