Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starts in the morning.... man and its cold!!! Really thinking about a afternoon hunt tomorrow ... would be the first opening morning I'd miss in years. Was gonna on ml but I couldn't lay in bed on opening morn!!!

Dam the last evening last year I wore sneakers and a T-shirt, carried a light jacket in and out.
(
The wind already tore up my new bow blind!!! It had popped three sides in oon my hud blind, but its ok.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Just a light chill..........is all. :p

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah.... but it gets colder every year!!!! IMG_20131122_142201.jpg
Wonder if I could connect these to my 4 wheeler battery...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Got some long cables.........go for it !!

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Bobs ready to go.....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
He says..........I don't wanna go if the game is bigger than I am? UUGGHh it's cold too.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Toney,
Beside keeping your ears warm what good is that hat doing from keeping your butt getting shot? (I'm not saying the hat was on your butt either)

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was 15' up a tree, I did have my vest hanging up, and another orange hat in the crook of the tree that I put over my hood a little later.

I've got a orange bird vest, and when I have to wear a vest I use mine for a pack,

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Well crap Toney, you'll scareum away with all that stuff.......................a guy can't win can he?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
15 feet? That's a ways up there. Climb or ladder? How long do you sit there? Which weapon are you hunting with?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was on a ladder stand, I set from 3:30 till dark. I'm hunting with a Remington 700 chambered in 270.

I wanted to hunt my blind and get out of the wind, but its pretty close to where the deer come out and the wind was wrong.... thing if the sleet and snow isn't to bad tomorrow I'll set in it. Was thinking about taking my camp stove.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Sitting up there I'd sure take something to keep warm. A 4+ hour sit.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As long as my feet are warm I'm good. I took feet and hand warmers but didn't have to use them.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Burbon..............

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Burbon?...........remember he's 15 feet straight up.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Ok.....so just the good stuff...... and sip it

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Hell Ron.......that is the good stuff. Maybe he ought to stay home where it's warm where us older gents need to be.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts