Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Note: Firstfour posts here were moved from an unrelated Thread in the interest of not changing or infringing on it's subject.
(the management)

What types of things do you carve..............how about posting a picture...!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow..........,,those look great...........you carved and painted them.........outstanding, you have a real talent bob..........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It keeps me busy Ron. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you make them for yourself.............or do you sell them as well ?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I mostly keep them for me and mine. I have sold many. It takes me so much time to do it the way I want it I feel foolish putting a price on them so I just enter them is woodcarving show and put it on the shelf. Now that I have a new interest (kahr's) I may have to reconsider. <smile>

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do I see a way to fund an unnecessary, unneeded , hole in the pocket, money burning purchase. You bet..............don't try to fight it bob.........your gut hooked.........1911 ;D

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm trying to ignore the itch.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok........fight it........for now..........but that little voice in your ear, always wins in the end !!!!
Ohhhh.......I just saw your post Toney, your bad.....very bad !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I just saw it TOO. YOU ARE BAD! I'M NOT SHOPPING, I'M JUST LOOKING.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's it bob, keep telling yourself that....

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
That has to be the absolutest plainest 45 I seen. Does it shot like a typical 45? With the low price it comes with it would seem to be lacking quality as the more expensive. Dah I know it does but just how much less is the question. Cheap is not necessarily bad is some cases.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't owned one but have handled them........yes they are very plain and finish is not the best, but ok. But everyone that owns one, and all the reviews say they are good shooters. Also Toney owns one, and his recommendation would carry a lot of weight

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I wonder if a guy liked it and wanted to keep it what it would take to have it refinished?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dont know, maybe someone here has had their gun refinished and can give an idea. I would guess for a quality job, you would be in for a couple hundred, maybe more...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
There is a local shop in Wichita that has a good rep for ceracoat (sp) that would do my Kahr slide for $85 he said. Based on comparative sizes I'd say you'er right

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And thats something you could do down the road, not necessarily right away.Thats the beauty of the 1911....can be a project gun.....upgrade and customize as you go

1 - 20 of 41 Posts