Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Hickok shooting a beautiful 3" S&W 686, 357 mag revolver. Smooth, powerful & accurate, you got to love it............old school and still rocking it !!!!

Reactions: arizona

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're great revolvers for sure.........

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only other revolvers that were smooth like that, were the Colt snakes.........

·
Registered
288 Posts
A four inch barreled one sleeps in my nightstand, also sporting walnut grips. What a joy to shoot!

I was at my outdoor range one dark and cloudy day. I had the end station, as the place was fairly crowded. Range cold, set up my target and prepared to do some shooting. I was firing mild .38 specials, all went fine. Another pause, and when the range went hot again I switched to .357 Mag. *BOOM* big fireball, dust falling from the rafters, me giggling like a schoolgirl, and I notice no one else is firing. I look to my left and EVERYBODY is staring at me, with the "WTF izzat?" look. Seems they were all shooting .380 or 9mm.
Good times.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I remember rocking 357's out of a ruger security six snubby.................. not for the faint of heart...........

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I had someone in the indoor range lane next to me extending his hand with a Glock .40 past the lane divider throwing brass into me. I picked up my Ruger Security Six .357 chambering 6 - 125gr hot loads & took a step closer to my left towards the offending lane & fired all in rapid fire mode. My son who was with me shouted out that there was a 3+ ft. flame extending out from the barrel after each round that lit up the range...then I heard in a hushed voice inquire from the lane to my left "what was that?" I advised him of the caliber & load which he said "okay, thank you" in a quiet submissive voice...no more .40 cal brass was deposited in my lane again...may have singed some hair off his arm with each flash...

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hee hee..........,,,,,,,I do miss that gun.......built like a tank............
The report from it was wicked......

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I have a Dan Wesson .357mag. At one time I had a 2 1/2 in barrel for it. With my service loads it would "light up your day".

Service loads were/are Speer Lawman 140gr. JHP. Still use those loads for hunting deer, and anything else that I want dead. Now I use a 4 or 6 inch barrel. Love that gun/load combo.

:crazysmile::crazysmile::crazysmile:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
2.5 Inch model 66 at Ben Avery range the concussion knocked the coffee out of my coffee cup
That's why when shoot'n I keep a lid on my coffee! But, ain't it FUN ? :crazysmile:

Reactions: arizona

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I was really disappointed when I shot my almost blow your hat off and thump you feet load out of a 4"...

158gr xtp lo 1011fps hi 1147fps for a 10 shot average of 1076... might as well shot a 9mm

But I do like that thump.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I was really disappointed when I shot my almost blow your hat off and thump you feet load out of a 4"...

158gr xtp lo 1011fps hi 1147fps for a 10 shot average of 1076... might as well shot a 9mm

But I do like that thump.
Ya gotta remember that a 9mm won't push a 158 gr. bullet that fast. A .357 really shines in a 6-8 inch barrel. And a 8 inch barrel ain't not fun to pack around all day! But I do like to use a 6" barrel to hunt with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts