Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been harboring and unwanted want of the CW380 to add to my collection. I'm a kahr guy thru and thru but a friend has a Bodyguard he bought a year ago and never put a bullet thru it. He's thinking of selling it and although I rather have the kahr I thinking I might get it becuase of the price. The kahr would be at least $100 more. I'm not particularly interested in the attached laser but what the heck. If I didn't like it I could always trade it later for a Kahr. Does anyone have any first hand experience and/or opinions with both?

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Ron has one, I think they look funny with the laser. I wouldn't pas one up for the right price.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My Nephew by marriage is a New Jersey State Policeman and he chose the Bodyguard as his BUG. He likes his just fine.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say that's pretty good credentials Dale.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
If you get it for a good deal I would take it. I had the kahr p380 at one time and am sorry I let it go. The body guard is a nice shooting gun, I carry mine a lot when needing deep conceal due to wearing light clothes here. And it's handy to pop in a pocket as well, pocket holster of course. I picked mine up used at a local gun shop, for a good price. I did have an issue with light strikes and some ftf's, it went back to S&W who fixed it for free with no questions asked. Now it shoots great and is reliable. Overall I think the kahr is a nicer gun, but more expensive. The kahr has that great trigger of course and the bodyguards trigger is stiffer with a harder pull. But once you break it in its ok......ok for it's intended use. I take it to the range once and a while and run a couple of mags thru it and its fine.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
I think that because it's a S&W, if you ever do need service they will take good care of you........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I ought to consider it then. I've been reading reviews about it and as usual some good, some bad. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I often wondered about those that buy a used gun and then not have it work for some reason and if the mfg would take it back to make a fix on it with no charge. Of course if the weapon has been abused then that's another story.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Friend had a bodyguard and let me try it out. Hated the trigger, so did he. He sold it and bought the little Sig. I'm VERY happy with my P380, and everything that's important to me is the same on the CW380.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would very much like to have the Sig 938 but for $700+ I could easily live with the Bodyguard at about $300. Especially after hearing these reports.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You know bob sometimes you make some compromises. I would agree that the little sig and kahr are nicer guns but they are double the price of the bodyguard. I paid $275 for mine in excellent condition, actually near mint. And yes as I stated the trigger is not like the kahr trigger, but then few if any are ! And for its intended purpose as a sd gun it's doable. I don't take my sd guns to the range once broken in and run hundreds of rounds thru them. For me that's not why I bought them............ I have several guns that I like to shoot at the range and the triggers are set up for that. I'll run a few mags thru the sd guns and move on to my fun shooters................ I know everyone likes to do their own thing and that pleases them so to each his own. I think in a real sd situation when your blood is pumping and under stress, if you do have to discharge your weapon, your gonna be squeezing that trigger like a tube of toothpaste !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I agree with all you said. I didn't buy my handguns to target shoot. I bought them for SD only and I try to practice to keep my skills of shooting. This the reason I haven't bought 1911's along with several other nice looking guns. I wouldn't carry anything heavier than I have now. I really like that sig buttttt to much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree that the SIG 238 is overpriced for a .380, and also know that there were many shooters who had issues with them, along with the SIG 938. That was one of the main reasons I ended up here (Kahr forum), and eventually led to my purcahes of a CM9.

But, xsailor, if the price is that good, and you like the trigger of the S&W Bodyguard, then by all means, buy it. It's hard to pass on good deal, especially one that's unfired.

I was really never intrigued by the little S&W, due to the fact that it is so fugly .. :huh:

Not to change the subject xsailor, but there are a few 1911's that are excellent carry pistols....

I do think the Kahr .380 is an awesome liitle pistol though. If I didn't already have a PPK and Colt Pocketlite, the Kahr .380 would be my next purchase ... :encouragement:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I absolutely love owning my K9 but seldom carry it because of it's weight. When I got interested in it I couldn't wait to buy one. Now that I have it for the most part it's been a safe queen and pretty one too. I have entertained, could I trade it on the Sig which I would use because of it's size and weight. Just thinking out loud hoping someone will say....DON'T DO IT! or DO IT!. If it were easy to do I might.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I agree that the SIG 238 is overpriced for a .380, and also know that there were many shooters who had issues with them, along with the SIG 938. That was one of the main reasons I ended up here (Kahr forum), and eventually led to my purcahes of a CM9.

But, xsailor, if the price is that good, and you like the trigger of the S&W Bodyguard, then by all means, buy it. It's hard to pass on good deal, especially one that's unfired.
All of the 1911's I would pay the money for are big and heavy even though I like them.

I was really never intrigued by the little S&W, due to the fact that it is so fugly .. :huh:

Not to change the subject xsailor, but there are a few 1911's that are excellent carry pistols....

I do think the Kahr .380 is an awesome liitle pistol though. If I didn't alraedy have a PPK and Colt Pocketlite, the Kahr .380 would be my next purchase ... :encouragement:
Now that is one fine looking gun although I thought I'd be safer with the 938 bigger cal. They both are pretty much the same size I believe. As Ron said the smaller size makes it easy to carry in the summer time. Man that is a good looking gun. As good as it is though I would not get rid of my CM9 or Cw45. I would want it in addition to the others.
BTW the 938 I like has the new rubber feeling grips with bigger bottom.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The sig is a good size, but it's also heavy for its size as well due to it being all metal.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh crap that is kimberly. NICE!

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is one good option. Sell the K9 :eek:nthego: and put the cash towards your newest must have ... :positive:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes Ron it is heavier and I would really need to stick with the 380/238 for the size. As you said it's a good summer carry. Hell I'm happy with my CM9 so I don't need another one.
I really got side tracked on this thread even though I liked the read (wow that kimberly). I was talking Kahr vs S&W. The cw380 is a better choice for me I think but the Bodygaurd I would probably buy because of the price.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Feedramp. Will you please stop sounding so damn logical.....<grin>

1 - 20 of 48 Posts