Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all the reviews I've seen of the PM45, everyone shoots from their version of the isosceles stance. But if the poop has hit the air circulater and your non shooting hand is busy will the PM45 function reliably? I'll be checking this out for myself soon as the range opens, but the thought came up while installing the Crimson Trace. Thoughts - or better, experience?

B.C.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
My Cw45 has a heck of kick compared to the cm9 but doable with one hand. I sure it would take extra time to align on target again though.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
I'd say practicing one handed shooting with that weapon a must. And getting used to a firm grip on it and locking your wrist while doing so a must !!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I shoot the TP45. I think my 45 is an easy shooter with a comfortable kick. I'm mostly stand square to my target but with my right shoulder slightly forward of my left and right foot slightly ahead of the left foot.

I grip my gun with my right hand. I then hold my right hand in my cupped left hand. While aiming at my target, I pull slightly with my left arm while resisting slightly with my right giving a fairly solid hold. I breath in and hold breath for a second; then exhale slowly through my nose. Half way through my exhale, I gently squeeze the trigger. Rest a couple seconds to regain target and then repeat. It's something like that.

Using this method, I can hit the side of our old cattle barn every time. Yes, it is painted red.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
K.O. "Using this method, I can hit the side of our old cattle barn every time. Yes, it is painted red."

You didn't say just how big this barn is and how close you're standing to it. Just sayin.

Reactions: KeeperOath

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Toney, how do you mean "retentsion postion"?

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
:blush::confusion:............Dah.

Ya got me Toney....:CB-280508-0:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
In all the reviews I've seen of the PM45, everyone shoots from their version of the isosceles stance. But if the poop has hit the air circulater and your non shooting hand is busy will the PM45 function reliably? I'll be checking this out for myself soon as the range opens, but the thought came up while installing the Crimson Trace. Thoughts - or better, experience?

B.C.
I agree, we call it Open Weaver Stance in L/E. :police:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
With out thinking about the stance I'm, if I get ready to draw i usually always do a modified Weavers. Right foot back just slightly. I try not to but it seems natural to do it that way.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Not a golfer. It just seems natural to take that position but I'm working my way around to not doing it.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
With out thinking about the stance I'm, if I get ready to draw i usually always do a modified Weavers. Right foot back just slightly. I try not to but it seems natural to do it that way.
Last year at my CPL class we were told to use the right foot back stance assuming you are shooting right handed. It does feel natural to me.:indecisiveness:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yes it does provide a larger target I think. I will say though, for me my right foot is only about 6-10 inches back, not much really.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Now that's a nice way of saying it, you old fart. giggle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.