Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have about 1500+ rounds through my CW9. Upon disassembling the slide (something I had no idea needed being done) and removing the firing pin I noticed 20-40 metallic chips. They are clearly not from the gun but appeared inside the slide and originate from the cartridge case. So I cleaned them out, re-assembled then shot another 50+. After getting home and cleaning it again I noticed there were more chips. Through it all the gun has never had a FF or FE. It's such a great little piece. Shoot it more than my 92.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Welcome.................sounds like a extractor issue.....mis- shaped claw..........what you think Toney.....

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Yep...............

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
thanks for asking bilfer and welcome to the forum. Learning something every day with the help of others

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome Bilfer! I have not experienced your problem but I am no where near your number of rounds!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Would wear cause the "hook" yo'll talking about?

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
The end of the extractor has a hook or claw that grabs the bullet casing and pulls it out of the chamber. Sometimes it can be out of speck......misshapen and have a bad edge that will dig in and tear as it grabs the shell. Here's a pic to give an idea of what it looks like

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Thank you Ron. just kid of explanation us newbies (me) need to understand. What, the shaving just work their way in the striker chamber. Seems a had thing to have happen. I could understand one shaving but several and only located in this one place. Just askin.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Every time it grabs a shell and pulls it back, its scraping a piece of it off

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Also., the primer can flow into the firing pin channel and when the barrel is pulled out of battery it will scrape material off the primer.
It will be worse on a oversized hole or one with sharp edges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks more likely the extractor explanation. How the shavings are getting into the striker housing I haven't the foggiest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts