Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like the "smart" gun is going to be a real item in our future........
Read on its interesting.......

The future of gun control is quickly emerging.

In California, German gun manufacturer Armatix GmbH has begun selling a gun which can only fire when the owner wears an accompanying wristwatch.

Basically, the Armatix iP1 is the country’s first smart gun.

Michael S. Rosenwald of The Washington Post reports:

The watch makes the gun think. Electronic chips inside the gun and the watch communicate with each other. If the watch is within close reach of the gun, a light on the grip turns green. Fire away. No watch means no green light. The gun becomes a paperweight.

The technology is a dream of gun-control advocates who say that smart guns will reduce gun violence, suicides, and accidental shootings by ensuring that guns can only be used by their owner.

And they c ould be more palatable to gun enthusiasts everywhere who don't want the government restricting their Second Amendment rights.

The lobbying arm of the NRA says it's uncomfortable with the idea of intelligent weapons. A statement on their website notes they are opposed to “government mandates that require the use of expensive, unreliable features, such as grips that would read your fingerprints before the gun will fire."

Nevertheless, smart guns are coming. Last month, Ron Conway, a venture capitalist from Silicon Valley, launched a $1 million prize for any company that successfully creates the next innovation in smart gun technology.

“We need the iPhone of guns,” Conway said, according to the Post. “The entrepreneur who does this right could be the Mark Zuckerberg of guns. Then the venture capitalists like me will dive in, give them capital, and we will build a multibillion-dollar gun company that makes safe, smart guns.”

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I say no thanks.............I'll keep my "stupid" old guns.......!!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Just something else the shooter needs to worry about and go wrong at a time you don't want it to. What they need is a smart chip embedded in the bad guys gun. When he starts his illegal crap a chip in the gun reads his intentions and it Blows his Friggin head off with his own gun by shooting out the back of it. Now that's a smart gun and the GOOD guys aren't inconvenienced. I'm getting really tired of the majority of us having to change our ways to accommodate the small quantity of creeps. Example: I take Allegra-D daily, I must give my drivers license up to the druggist so he can check I've bought too much over the last two weeks. By law all anybody can buy is roughly two weeks worth, at a time. So now I''ve got to run to get this stuff every other week and why? Because a few thousand dope heads melt it down for their use to fry their brains while Millions of us have to play this inconvenient game of staying healthy. A "smart" pill could make him pee his pants every two minutes and if that doesn't work then have it burn the nose off his face. YEAH!! I feel better already.......

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know that's how it always goes, the stupid few inconvenience the rest of us.......

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I vote NO and HECK NO!! GEEZE I don't like the way country is going. Are we old and just set in our ways by remembering there's a better way or are we witnessing or is called progress?.........Yes to both I imagine

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's were older and wiser I like to think, therefore less tolerant to crap being forced upon us. And unfortunately some of it is progress !!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yeah, in the future I can see the gun owner's turn in there REAL guns and then Smart gun chip code being lifted by NSA and turned off or self destruct at any given time as decided likely by some sniveling Liberal Arts Degree teenage community organizer gone rogue(Politician).

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Man, I just read what I wrote.....I've got to seriously Chill Out..

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Less caffeine bob, back off the coffee a bit:lolu::startle::geek:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vicious bob...........

·
Registered
137 Posts
If that would be the case (smart guns) we would have a pistol buying frenzy, just as we saw the past few years.

Everyone would rush out to buy the current production firearms .. :eek:nthego::eek:nthego:: :CB-280508-0::CB-280508-0::CB-280508-0::CB-280508-0:

·
Registered
509 Posts
My BP goes up when I read stuff like this. The left keeps trying to do their best at tearing down our once Great Nation.

I don't want to see another ammo buying frenzy, but that goes hand in hand with the gun buying frenzy. I'm a retired man on a fixed income so these frenzy are bad for people like me.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anger management anyone........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts