Kahr Handgun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I paid a visit to my lgs and was a bad boy................I looked at a used, but it was like brand new springfield xds 9, and I let it follow me home !!! I couldn't help it, felt so good in my hand and action was smooth. This is one of the new ones with a fiber optic front sight and short travel / reset trigger, and an extra smaller sized back strap, so its adjustable. For my punishment I will have to spend all morning at the range shooting it till my hand just aches and is sore as can be...............

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Very nice!!! Congrats!!! I got to handle a 45 a couple months ago.

I really like the new shield, but its not really any lighter than my 40c

I bought my xdm cause of the capacity, I do like it but I like my m&p just a little better.

I think you made a excellent choice in a 9!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grip angle is similar to a 1911, which I like a lot. Also the gun is on the top heavy side, I like that as well. Overall has that 1911 feel to it, and that's what I favor, I can't wait to get it to the range..............

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
The grip angle is similar to a 1911, which I like a lot. Also the gun is on the top heavy side, I like that as well. Overall has that 1911 feel to it, and that's what I favor, I can't wait to get it to the range..............
I bet it will be one sweet, smooth shooting 9!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I traded the k40, I liked it but found myself not shooting it. I really wanted another 9mm or 45 to shoot or carry and since I have a bunch of 9mm ammo it sealed the deal. The gun is actually brand new, the guy at the shop said he knows the guy who bought it. He bought 2 of them and decided to keep one and sell the other. When I got home and broke it down I could tell it was not shot at the range, even the mags were squeaky clean. Even trade so I don't feel so bad.............

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Oh the sickness! !! I got my only snub out yesterday to take a pic to post it on the local forum!!! Wondering if I could get a full size 1911 or a cm, or cw.

But that would leave a gap in the collection, haven't shot my m&p 40c in almost two years... but dam I like that gun..

Just need money!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep..................that's all it is............the green stuff...........I won't go into debt on a credit card for a gun..............I will sell or trade another gun and either pay the difference in cash or if I have enough, pay all cash !!!!! When I walk out of the store with the new purchase, I'm even, its paid in full. And yes the sickness will get you every time !!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been racking the crap out of the slide today.........till my hands are sore !! When I broke her down yesterday, it was bone dry inside. So I cleaned, or should say lubed it well with FrogLube, as it was squeaky clean inside. And now I can tell its smoothing out some when I rack it. Will take it to the range tomorrow or Friday am and run 150 rounds or so thru it.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
My 40c rocked out of the box!!! I did run something through the barrel first.

Once shooting plated bullets I got a lead chip stuck in the throat! !! It stopped going into battery .... had been working on and carrying a 1911, when I tried to pull the slide I was a little upset and forgot all about flipping the lever down or just pulling the trigger!!! I got to thinking something on the inside broke!!!

After I calmed down it dawned on me, how stupid! !! After getting the slide of I had to use my knife to remove the lead.

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah.........I was looking for the pin on the other side of the gun to pop out the slide release, when I realized you had to lock the slide back and flip the lever. Then pull the trigger to remove the slide.................you know the right way is to read the instructions as a last resort !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I was all backwards talking bout my m&p. My xd has been perfect except for some out of spec lead reloads.

·
Super Moderator
23,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ran 100 flawless rounds of federal fmj today...........very happy with this gun. Toney you were right as usual.........it is a sweet shooter, not as much recoil as I was expecting and very smooth shooting.........like it a lot !!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts