Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to RCBS pro-melt furnace. I use stuff from bayoubullets.net (jerry and brother donnie Miculek's place).

No copper no lead fouling. I stain 380/9/45's.

I sold lee pot on ebay, pro melt rcbs is another world.

Iam gunoil, check out my sticky on castboolitsforum

simple Hi-Tek coating

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
You got some set up there..........pretty slick....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Are you cleaning, deburring, heating up kahrhauler? What is staining? Just trying to keep up. No deep explanations necessary I hope. Guess I need to get a book.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Are you cleaning, deburring, heating up kahrhauler? What is staining? Just trying to keep up. No deep explanations necessary I hope. Guess I need to get a book.
I found this on another site.

"OK, I just called Hornady... VERY helpful folks, BTW!

It seems that they're washed after they come out of the mold, and in the rinse, if all of the soap (y substance) doesn't get rinsed off, it'll make a stain on the bullets... They apparently function just fine and are still consistant and such, but just have a stain on them...

He said he'd offer to replace them, but they didn't have any stock of them at all... I explained that I wasn't worried about how they looked as long as they are as consistant as they always are, and won't harm the bore or anything... He said they're fine, function-wise... Simply cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
ah-ahhhh. Now I know. I could not figure the staining comment. I, like you, wouldn't care what they looked like if they went bang when they're suppose to.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Really really interesting, and proves ingenuity is the Mother of invention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts