Kahr Handgun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Range report...no problems. Ran about 75 rounds through the CW380... I had a bunch of Finocci FMJ and both the 380's do not like it. The CW does a bit better with it but just about every round in the P380 will not fully feed. The nose of the bullet jams at the top of the chamber. Depending on the severity..a slight push or wack on the slide will put it into battery. That problem was expected. A box of Federal ran right through split up between the P380 and the CW380. I guess I can say the striker adventure is closed! Of interesting note....when I bought the P380... it had two mags in the box and one in the gun...ah ha...3 mags...including a 7 rounder!!

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
Great........sweet guns......just can be a little ammo sensitive. ..... not that uncommon for a small gun......Once you find what it likes your good to go....

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Is it me? To review..the striker broke on my CW380 and it went back to Kahr. While it was away, I bought a new P380. Must of had extra $$ around. :) Today after about 12 rounds (it has about 300 rounds through it) , my p380 went 'click'. hmmm empty? No, misfeed? no ..... investigation yields: broken striker, just like my CW380! Not happy about this at all. Could I be doing something? I dry fire a lot to practice. Could that be a contributing factor?

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I thought it wouldn't hurt ANY gun that had a striker firing pin.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I would call and tell Jay the same thing, especially with two having this problem AND NEW TO BOOT.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Talked to a Matt at Kahr a couple days ago and he agreed it was very unusual. He commented that they have seen problems when a shell doesn't feed because the casing catches on the still protruding striker. A solid whack on the slide will often be enough to put it fully into battery but if it is hung up on the striker, then it may get damaged in the process. I don't remember doing that on my CW380, but a few posts earlier you can see I was doing just that on the new P380 to work my way through some Fiocchi that wouldn't feed correctly. I didn't think the casing was hung up on the striker though. If it happens again I'll look closely and if it is I'll reach under the slide and pull the striker back. Matt said that is what should be done In any case, they should have received it today....expecting a new striker. I guess I could have done it myself but I'd prefer them to fully examine it and perhaps find a cause. Hate to think there's a bunch of bad parts out there.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
topgun, I think you did it the right way for exactly the same reasons. In fact I did the same thing with my new 380 this being the 3rd week since I've sent it.

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
No word on it coming back yet bob.............I would have thought 3 weeks tops.....
i know you want to get it back in your hands so you can shoot it again....

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm not in any hurry as long as when I get it back it works. I did email Jay and ask what ammo they will use and said to call him when I get the gun.
Really, I just want it to work and if it takes more time so be it.

· Administrator
23,724 Posts
I'm not in any hurry as long as when I get it back it works. I did email Jay and ask what ammo they will use and said to call him when I get the gun.
Really, I just want it to work and if it takes more time so be it.
Yeah I guess it's better if it takes a little longer..........if it means you'll get a good running gun back, and not have to send it back a second time........which would suck.....

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
If that should happen I'm going to be very disappointed in Kahr. But we aren't there and I'm looking forward.

Silver Carbon Material property Automotive exterior Pattern

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I'm getting ready. Finally found 380 rds at Walmart. They had 3 boxes at 23 bucks a piece. I haven't seen 380's since before I bought mine 2 months ago.Went to Cabela's and lo and behold they had a bunch of 9mm in different brand names.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Winchester............

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.