Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
So here we go..........the nay sayers would have you believe they'll be having gunfights in the streets..................just like the wild west..................???????
Texas gears up for new open-carry handgun law | Fox News
Well, in certain areas of a city they will be having some of those gunfights....with or without any gun law. It's also not common to see open carry where it is permissible once the newness wears off. The real benefit of an open carry type law is when there is an unintended exposure under a concealed carry type law. Now there a some individuals who really clueless in understanding the potential added risks if they openly carry under the law - including the person who is being interviewed...
Some wouldn't understand why you should never expose / give up a tactical advantage much less trying to protect it if exposed...

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, in certain areas of a city they will be having some of those gunfights....with or without any gun law. It's also not common to see open carry where it is permissible once the newness wears off. The real benefit of an open carry type law is when there is an unintended exposure under a concealed carry type law. Now there a some individuals who really clueless in understanding the potential added risks if they openly carry under the law - including the person who is being interviewed...
Some wouldn't understand why you should never expose / give up a tactical advantage much less trying to protect it if exposed...
Yep..........that sums it up nicely

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've had oc now for 4 years, I've seen only a couple of oc'ers.
Most that carry ............... and the really sensible ones, don't want to call attention to themselves and lose the advantage of surprise !!!!!
And don't have a need to prove anything or impress anyone for that matter either......

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
We have had OC in Ala since before I came along....but you rarely saw it. Now with all the attention about gun laws lately- I have seen more OC in the last couple years, than in the previous 50 or so.
I am one for going concealed.....
OC by the "common" man is foolish! It is just asking to be attacked and having your firearm stolen.

When yer old and crippled like some of us here, ya need all of the advantage that you can git!!

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OC by the "common" man is foolish! It is just asking to be attacked and having your firearm stolen.

When yer old and crippled like some of us here, ya need all of the advantage that you can git!!
True..............very true

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
221 Posts
OC is actually legal in Connecticut, provided the carrier has a pistol permit. Not something that I would do, most people here are intolerant of firearms. I think CC is better for me anyhow, I believe in the element of surprise...

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OC is actually legal in Connecticut, provided the carrier has a pistol permit. Not something that I would do, most people here are intolerant of firearms. I think CC is better for me anyhow, I believe in the element of surprise...
That's the smart way............and the safer way ...........for the carrier as well..........don't have to deal with the a$$holes that don't understand or approve, and see you as a threat........ (what a joke they are anyway) !!

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Do ya remember some time back, the OC carrier that got his a$$ kicked and his pistol stolen????

Just 'cause ya got a gun don't mean that you're a "real" bad a$$!!

·
Super Moderator
23,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do ya remember some time back, the OC carrier that got his a$$ kicked and his pistol stolen????

Just 'cause ya got a gun don't mean that you're a "real" bad a$$!!
Yes sir............. A bad a$$ he wasn't ........ can only hope he learned a lesson.......if the hard way !!

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
To me, open carry is like playing poker with all your cards flat on the table.
And considering that a goodly number of us here are some form of crippled up it would be dumb as heck to ask for someone to take our pistol from us.

Advertising not good!!

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
And considering that a goodly number of us here are some form of crippled up ??
Once a Marine always a Marine... lean.. mean.. fighting machine.
Well maybe not as lean anymore..
And, the older you get, the better you were! :lolu::cower::getdown::getdown:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts