Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there are a growing number who have a kahr p380 / cw380 or any other 380, how do you utilize the weapon. Do you use it as a backup only ? Do you use it as your main carry all or some of the time ? Or do you only use it when you need to deep conceal, because your attire won't allow you to carry anything larger and heavier ? And for those that don't have one right now, but plan to get one in the near future, how do you intend to use it, as above. I'll usually carry mine in the pocket, when I don't want to carry anything IWB, and deal with the added bulk it creates. Or when walking the dog at night and slip it in my waistband with a small clip holster or in my pocket, with a pocket holster..........
And as a deep conceal if I'm going to a theatre or the like, that prohibits guns...........but is still legal !!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I intend to get a CW380 this coming year primarily as a deep conceal vs a bug. With shorts (when the snow goes away) and other situations as you suggested.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have noticed that those gun buster signs are going up in more places lately. Like movies, malls and warehouse stores, BJs, etc. but it's still not illegal here in Fla. So I'm finding that little 380 to be more useful than I ever thought, when I first got it !!!
I'm not going to disarm with all that crazy crap going on out there, especially those gun restricted areas. That's where it mostly happens !!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I rarely carried at all til I got a pocket pistol. Now I've had my p380 awhile and trust it, it's what I carry everywhere. Selling my LCP.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey.......I don't see or have a problem carrying a 380 as a main weapon. With today's good sd ammo, I just don't envision a BG taking hits and you not ending the threat.
I see that your in Fla also, and sometimes light shorts and shirt worn to keep cool, don't allow for a bulky or heavy weapon to be carried well concealed. That's why I don't do anything that's not single stack.......,

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep. Its warm down here and I try to keep it simple by carrying the same gun in the same way regardless of what I'm wearing or where I'm going. That way if I ever need it I'll have it.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Not that it matters but I own a Bersa 380 and love it. It was a pistol used to teach conceal classes and was never actually fired, just disassembled a bunch of times. So it was sold as used to a local dealer who sold it to the instructor to begin with so he sold it cheap ($250) to me....it is my main CCW gun but I also carry an ankle gun. Ruger LC9 which is light and very accurate. I also have a 105 year Colt Vest-Pocket 25 which my wife carries in her concealed purse pocket. So we are usually heavily armed in public.
I have no plans on being a victim, dead or otherwise....IMVHO

Reactions: John70

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My brother has a bersa 380 and its a nice gun. I think its smoother than the Walther it copies.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
I swapped a m38 for a firestorm 380 thinking the wife wouldike it.... I did carry a cz82 some.

I carried my p3at or p32 in my weak side front pocket. If i can I always have my cm9 in my waistband. And the if my belt is on, I've got my belt buckle gun.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
My brother has a bersa 380 and its a nice gun. I think its smoother than the Walther it copies.
I agree Ron. I had the Walther first and what an awkward firearm. The Bersa is much simpler to use and break down.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Not that it matters but I own a Bersa 380 and love it. It was a pistol used to teach conceal classes and was never actually fired, just disassembled a bunch of times. So it was sold as used to a local dealer who sold it to the instructor to begin with so he sold it cheap ($250) to me....it is my main CCW gun but I also carry an ankle gun. Ruger LC9 which is light and very accurate. I also have a 105 year Colt Vest-Pocket 25 which my wife carries in her concealed purse pocket. So we are usually heavily armed in public.

I have no plans on being a victim, dead or otherwise....IMVHO
Arsenic is the problem you have to worry about Mr. Rat and me. Guns don't help either of Rat extinction. Did I say welcome back?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Arsenic is the problem you have to worry about Mr. Rat and me. Guns don't help either of Rat extinction. Did I say welcome back?
I feel the love bob..... deeply

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I mean well....you rat....really.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Oh!!! you're here already. Got to be more careful in morning now since you'll be lurking about.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Always check the cracks and crevices for Rats bob....We're watching all the time. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No...no....bob not that crack !!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I carry my TP45 during wintertime and my Colt Mustang as my BUG. With the ballistics of todays .380 Auto, I think this little bugger is suitable for selt defense.

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Without getting into a which caliber is better or more effective spitting match.............simple laws of physics, bigger and higher power rounds are gonna do more damage.....but......for all practical purposes as a citizen looking to arm themselves for personal protection a 380 is fine. We are not military or law enforcement expecting a gun battle with the enemy. We want an aggressor or a bad circumstance to come to a stop, so we can safely extract ourselves from the situation. Otherwise why not carry around a shotgun slung over your shoulder, which should pretty much take care of any situation you would encounter...........not practical......And as I and others have stated with today's self defense rounds......hydra shoks, critical defense and so on, I don't think any cm shots are not going to make for anyone's bad day.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It's all debatable but shooting coach said he prefers and for new comers suggests 9's because re-accessing the target after each shot is easier/quicker with potentially more shoots.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts