Kahr Handgun Forum banner

There is one on GB for $639 BIN

7K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  jocko 
#1 ·
There is one on GB for $639 BIN

#6 ·
Picked it up today, and went straight to the range. I put a littleover 200 rounds of assorted ammo. First 150 rounds were reloads, had about 3 failures to go into battery. All three rounds appeared to be out of spec. I then put about 70 rounds of assorted factory rounds through it with out a single problem. I didn’t clean it before going to the range.
The Kahr P380 shoots better than any other pocket pistol I have owned, and I have had a Rohrbaugh, Ruger LCP, Micro Eagle and a couple of Keltecs. This little gun out performs all of them. Over 200 rounds and my hand was not beat up and sore. It was also more accurate than I had expected.

G
#8 ·
hi RedPepper,
hope you get one soon. I've been waiting since last October and am getting pissed. My dealer checks a bunch of distributors every day and still hasn't found one for me. He tells me what the problem is that all distributors have "reps" assigned to various dealers and each rep has to wait in line for his allocation. The reason he knows this is he was a rep for a distributor at one time. And that distrib had over a dozen reps assigned to various areas of the country. With dozens of distribs around the country, each with dozens of reps, the problem is compounded. The reps with highest sales usually get first choice.
Plus, some of these online dealers (like Gilberts) that do get one then don't put it in their case or on their website but stick it on gunbroker to run the price up. And Kahr can't do anything about that either. All online dealers I've checked show out of stock!
Of course I live in a small ******* hick town with a hick mayor and radical liberal left wing anti-gun newspaper so my dealer has very little political pull and is not considered a high sales source. So his poor reps with a bunch of distribs just have to wait and wait and wait.
Taurus may deliver their new TCP 380 before Kahr does. If that happens I may tell Kahr to jam it and get the Taurus.
og....hope I'm wrong and the Kahr shows up before Taurus.

#9 ·
RBorgers said:
Picked it up today, and went straight to the range. I put a littleover 200 rounds of assorted ammo. First 150 rounds were reloads, had about 3 failures to go into battery. All three rounds appeared to be out of spec. I then put about 70 rounds of assorted factory rounds through it with out a single problem. I didn’t clean it before going to the range.
The Kahr P380 shoots better than any other pocket pistol I have owned, and I have had a Rohrbaugh, Ruger LCP, Micro Eagle and a couple of Keltecs. This little gun out performs all of them. Over 200 rounds and my hand was not beat up and sore. It was also more accurate than I had expected.
I shoot my P380 better than I do my PM9, now figure that crap out???? They ae darn good shooting guns but I never expected them to shoot that good in my hands..

#10 ·
I feel ur pain olgrandpa. I have not seen one around the state of indiana, no dealers Icome into contact with have had any (so they say anyways). I was lucky to get mine. Hang in there, it willcome. Is the new taurus out yet?//I think that wil lbe a darn good gun to.

They certainly have had alot of time to take the GOOD, BAD AND THE UGLY from kt, Ruger, Kahr and some others to come out with a super 380 pocket rocket. Sometimes being last is "best".

G
#11 ·
it is strange, jocko, that Kahr hasn't put priority on the P380 with all the good reports being posted. Your quote..."GOOD, BAD AND THE UGLY"...about kt, ruger, is a classic! I sure don't want anymore of those "SMILEY PISTOLS" having had several. Been there, done that!

The Taurus hasn't shown itself yet, except on a few blogs about a gun show where it was announced. They may wait shipment until they can ship several thousand at once and flood the market.

So here I am with plenty of 380 ammo ready for a bunch of tests with the P380. Hope it shows up before I have to go to the rest home. :eek: ;D

Probably LEO's have priority too. Believe you told me that. Which is fine. A few good friends here in ******* town are local police (who are no ********). None have seen one either.

og

(how long you gotta be a Newbie here anyway?)

#12 ·
I wonder if the taurus will produce smileys??

I have complained about how hard it is to rack the slide on my P380, welltoday I just sit in the air conditioned living room and rack that puppy about a 1000 times.

I think now I can successfull rack the slide to feed the first round, although not 100% of the time like I can do with the slide lock lever, but Iam getting better with it. Just so small a gun to hold on to and such stout springs, makes it kinda hard on an ol man.

In as much as I don't carry a spare magazine when I carry, I guess it is not big deal unless I have a malfunction.

Ol grandpa, be prepared when u get ours to use the slide lock release...

Boy this damn gun is a real shooter for me. I just never shot a 380 of any brand worth a tinkers damn but this P380 is a tack driver..

G
#13 ·
no complete specs on the Taurus but most likely a blowback, fixed barrel. all blowbacks I've tested don't do smileys as the fixed barrel doesn't jump back like a locked breech type. Kahr apparently has fixed the problem with the offset design so the ramp won't hit the nose of the next round. Plus, the bare metal magazine should hold the rounds in place better. It's friction, simple law of Physics.
The only 2 pistols I know of that do smileys are the KT P3AT and the Ruger LCP. Obviously, they're the same design and have the same MecGar magazine with the slippery black paint. They could almost eliminate the smiley problem by simply changing to a bare metal magazine, unpolished, so it would have some friction to hold the rounds in place better. But then, that would cost money!! Cheap is cheap, you get what you pay for.
But who cares, it's been said the smiley thing is a big ta do about nothing. Well, it's sort of like, would you buy damaged ammo with setback to shoot? Same difference as using used toilet paper ;D :eek: ::)
og...who is only a newbie, so sorry for the verbal abuse, mod can delete if wished.

#14 ·
I have never read one way or the other about the taurus being locked breech or blowback. If I had to make a guess, I would have bet on locked breech.

Humm, very interesting, but certainly that would eliminate smileys but they tend to be alittle bit more recoilish IMO.

#16 ·
oldgranpa said:
Taurus is sure being secretive about the TCP. This is all I could find...

http://www.taurususa.com/2009newcatalog/?catalog_page=4

no details except on second page shows a 3.3"barrel which seems like a Sig or Bersa copy. I think that's a bit too long for locked breech. But who knows?
I'd trust Kahr over Taurus and Kahr is made in the USA.

og
that taurus willbe mad ein the USA, ia m pretty sure of that, for they could not get it imported into this country under the points system required for guns. I think it willbe made in florida.

O.G. i see that same take down pin right in the middle of the grip and middle of the slide, so indicative of the kt and lcp's locked breech design. That is the frist decent photo I have seen on the taurus. IMO that is one nice looking semi. I do believe I could get attached to it even..

Thats why we never see the glock 380 on dealer shoevles, as it will not pass the points requirement for imporatation. Only Police officers canobtain it and it must come from glock, doesn't sound fair but that is the way itis..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.