Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why but I'd like to try a CW 45. I was leaning toward a 40 but after reading so many critiques against them verses the reported more comfortable shooting 45, I got to thinking new holster costs and now checking in to which other kahr's will fit the same holster. As small as the cm9 is it's holster so very close to fitting the K9 also. If it weren't for the slight increase in the K9 from the top of barrel to the bottom of the trigger guard it would pretty much fit the much smaller cm9 holster. I had considered if the barrel was longer it bother me if it stuck thru. I've been reading about the Cw 45 and wonder if I might get more info here?

bob

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
I would think that the 45 not being a high pressure cart like the 40 would be a nice shooter in a kahr as well. I enjoy shooting my 45's, the k40 was not lots of fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost all say just what you did. Did you have one?

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
No, I never did have or shoot a kahr 45. But I can't imagine it being snappy like the 40. The 45 shoots with more of a push than snap.

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
I know there are lots of guys that shoot 40's, and if it was for a sd gun, ok. But it's just too snappy for me as a range shooter. I dont enjoy running a couple hundred rounds thru it at the range per trip. It's also what you get used to as well. I've been shooting 1911's for years, and that is what I enjoy shooting at the range. Plus I can customize them to my liking.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I compared prices b/t the PM 45 and CW 45. I'll go with the CW based on my comparisons.

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
Theres not enough practical enhancements on the cm in most cases to make the differences worth the $$

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CM? are we talking cm9 because I don't see a cm45? I'm not following Post 5 I guess.`

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No wonder I couldn't find it. thanks Toney.

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
Oops, I did misstate that meant to say pm. And yes I see a cm is on the way......

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
That's good news. I know sometimes some folks with new kahr's. I've not had any after the initial break in. What do you think of the recoil? Have you put any covers on the grip? After picking one up the other day and trying it on it was easy to notice the sharp edges of the grip edges.

Did you buy yours new? If I could find a little used CW I would get it I think. I think it hard to over use a gun. I've looking buy haven't found one yet but getting a feel for cost each time I look.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought my from a guy at work (a security guard). He said that he had put less than 50 rounds through it. I put another 2-300 and it works great. I will admit that I have a slight scar on my thumb from having it where the slide wanted to be. The slide won. :p Once I figured that little bit out, the recoil has not been an issue.

It is my only semi. I have a revolver that I have to admit I enjoy shooting more. But, the Kahr conceals better.

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
In a thumb vs slide battle......... slide always wins !!!

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well a short story. Friend called said Cabela's had 9mm Luger steel cased ammo on sale for $11.99 a box. Of course I had to go get me some. I did 4 boxes worth and dropped by the gun counter to see if they had any CW's. Well........to make a long story short I brought that mother home with me! Earlier today wife didn't say no and didn't say yes when I mentioned I was lusting after another gun. She just looked at me cross-eyed and Hummmmmmmed. That was enough for me to take a chance.
I'm packing to vacation for a bit so won't get to shoot for a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it as much as John is.

·
Super Moderator
23,389 Posts
Wow.....did you get the 45. And when they don't say no......... in my book that means yes...... but you better act quickly before she starts really thinking about it........ that's when the cruel hard a$$ no happens. Slick move there bob I'm proud of you........

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll take that bow. Ron, I left within the hour of her hesitation. I would have left earlier though if I could have. Just got home from buying some ammo: Hornady Critical Duty 45 Auto+P, 220gr. flewlock and American Eagle 230 gr. FMJ Subsonic. I know nothing about either other than straight forward info. I was wanting the hollow point and range bullets. Didn't have a lot time to shop around to see what else they had. Certainly costs more than 9MM but it at least it available and on the SHELF. I'm looking forward to breaking it in a couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts