Kahr Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Been wearing it today and it's the most comfortable of all my holsters save the Wright I use for the CM. It appears to sit a little higher than the others. The size of the CW is a good size also and of course a single mag so weight isn't a problem. Because it has a liner it is squeaking when i twist around moving. That better stop. May have to inject some baby powder between the liner and the leather of holster assembly.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Yeah baby powder works.....
On more things than your butt :D

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I was checking to see if a rd was in the chamber and extractor(?) was not sticking out indicating no rd. There was a rd loaded. Any reason why this is happening?

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Like Toney said its not going to, if it's not a loaded chamber indicator

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
I dont think it has one either

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
May be as you say but my Cm does and I think the K9. I remembering reading in a kahr based online site that this is the case. Maybe this model it doesn't. I'm not concerned really but noticed it when chking to see if I had one chambered.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I own the CW45 and it is a great pistol. Good ergonomics,very accurate, and very manageable recoil due to the low bore axis. Really enjoyable to shoot. You can also use less expensive 1911 officers magazines. Some of them will not lock the slide back on last round fired, but they are great for range use.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I agree with all you said except for the 1911 slides. Don't' know anything about them. I'm really pleased with mine. It's given no reasons to not like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with you xsailer. I have two different S&W .40s and just got the CW 45 (this is my first Kahr). I believe the CW shoots better than either of my S&W .40s which by comparison are more "snappy" than my new CW. Although this is the only 45 I have ever owned, the recoil was not as bad as I was expecting. Much more of a "push" than a "snap." I put the suggested 200 rounds through it this morning with zero flaws. Tight groups (for me) and I really like the sight system (white bar rear sight); it seems very intuitive. I will be carrying this one!

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
The 45 being a lower pressure round is a pleasant round to shoot

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
A lot folks been getting sights other than what comes with the kahrs and personally, I like them and I'm glad I do as I don't have to spend an extra $100 plus.

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
A lot folks been getting sights other than what comes with the kahrs and personally, I like them and I'm glad I do as I don't have to spend an extra $100 plus.
I bought some of that "glow" stuff and put it on my sights...it does ok. Nuttin to write home bout but works...:huh:

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
My namesake bought some of that glow in the dark paint for his pocket gun. Haven't seen how it looks, 'proly will soon.

I may try some on my Beretta, just for giggles/grins. :lolu:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I've repainted mine with white dope type paint bought at model hobby shops and I like it. The painted sights are brighter.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yea, this stuff was recommended by the 1911 web site and so for $15 a tube, I gambled. Like I said, it does ok, give some glow effect to your sights if you expose it to light long enough. Takes a couple of applications to build up enough to glow good. ....:fatigue:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I wondered how that stuff worked AND how long it lasted. thanks for info. If I'm in trouble in the dark I figure I probably wouldn't have time to sight aim and shoot even if I could see the problem in the dark.

Sorry, just got interrupted by the local church....again....handing out info of how to raise my children and grand children. I really appreciate the magnificent and thoughtful intrusion in to my space on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
heathen! You see they know who the "heathens" are..we keep a list and circulate it just to harass y'all....:getdown:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought a CW45 at Cabelas for $339 with a modest (former) military discount. The first thing I ordered was the TUFF1 grips sleeve from ebay and 2 more mags. It's doing the 'spring set' thing now.

what dat.?

Slide locked open with the gun in my safe for a week, then disassembly with fresh lube and then a range test.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I just bought a CW45 at Cabelas for $339 with a modest (former) military discount. The first thing I ordered was the TUFF1 grips sleeve from ebay and 2 more mags. It's doing the 'spring set' thing now.

what dat.?

Slide locked open with the gun in my safe for a week, then disassembly with fresh lube and then a range test.

Stay tuned.
Congrats on your new toy! The spring set thing is a myth! Modern springs need to be "worked" for break-in. A couple of 20 round boxes of Defense Ammo will do the best job of breaking in your new pistol. Of course, you could just set and watch TV, while you rack the slide which is also a fair way to "loosen" those new springs!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts