Kahr Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on your new toy! The spring set thing is a myth! Modern springs need to be "worked" for break-in. A couple of 20 round boxes of Defense Ammo will do the best job of breaking in your new pistol. Of course, you could just set and watch TV, while you rack the slide which is also a fair way to "loosen" those new springs!
Good idea, Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
First range session went well. I took both of my KAHR's out for a test drive yesterday and they worked flawlessly. I only ran a box & 1/2 thru the CW45 because that's all I had (about 70 rds) it fed 'em all the accuracy was impressive.

I think I am a certified KAHR fan.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
First range session went well. I took both of my KAHR's out for a test drive yesterday and they worked flawlessly. I only ran a box & 1/2 thru the CW45 because that's all I had (about 70 rds) it fed 'em all the accuracy was impressive.

I think I am a certified KAHR fan.
Nice..........very nice......

Reactions: lefty60

·
Registered
10 Posts
I paid $3.65.00 for my CW.
If I want to enjoy shooting a 45 acp then I will bring my 1917 Colt 1911 out to the range.

However I feel comfortable today carrying my CW these days after firing over 600 rounds through it.
A little hide out 45acp worth it's weight in gold, it's half plastic U know LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had a CW45 for years and it is accurate and reliable, just changed out the original recoil spring at 850 rounds but I shoot hardball and defense ammo only. Good shooter nice piece to pack. Have a Rosen holster I purchased from Kahr for it and it nestles into my side at the 8 o'clock position. Yup, I'm one of the 10% I'm left handed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The CW45 is my first but not last Kahr I really like it & will buy another as soon as, well who knows. :grin:
I have fired over 600 rounds through my pistol without fail with factory mags.
That part is really great but there's more, the little pistol with the Federal 165gr Hydrashock round is perfect perfect fit for me.

Buy the gun get an uplula mag loader leave all 3 mags loaded, & you will be able to load by hand without it after a while. Springs weaken & then they work better.
Get a Pachmyer grip cover to prevent pain & improve grip & control, then shoot the hound out of it & carry it with confidence.

All in all I would buy another right this minute if you could find one these days. It's a good fit that will work when it counts!

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
The CW45 is my first but not last Kahr I really like it & will buy another as soon as, well who knows. :grin:
I have fired over 600 rounds through my pistol without fail with factory mags.
That part is really great but there's more, the little pistol with the Federal 165gr Hydrashock round is perfect perfect fit for me.

Buy the gun get an uplula mag loader leave all 3 mags loaded, & you will be able to load by hand without it after a while. Springs weaken & then they work better.
Get a Pachmyer grip cover to prevent pain & improve grip & control, then shoot the hound out of it & carry it with confidence.

All in all I would buy another right this minute if you could find one these days. It's a good fit that will work when it counts!
Excellent.........

Reactions: 45?
81 - 88 of 88 Posts