Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Do you think this is a serious article...really? If so there would be some changes as to where I live. Don't really see how the State can do this without the populace voting on it. I haven't heard of any.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boy Bob, I hope so....;D

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Where is the public outcry when this kind of shiznit goes down....... time for the recall elections....

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ridiculous! You know California's "Moon Beam" Brown will be watching....:mad:

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
This kind of crap goes on because not enough people get together and vocalize their displeasure and opposition. Notice how these laws and changes to the laws are under the new guise, called "safe gun legislation". If more petitions went around and these politicians were booted out, they would start to take notice.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They quietly, slowly, deliberately, ate their meal, one bite at a time...until not a morsel remained of the carcass once called "Freedom" :mad:

Reactions: John70

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
They quietly, slowly, deliberately, ate their meal, one bite at a time...until not a morsel remained of the carcass once called "Freedom" :mad:
I can answer that with another quote by Ben Franklin........
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote !!!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
love Benny....one of my favorite quotes besides Edmond Burke "it is not difficult for evil to prevail all that is required is for good men to do nothing"

Reactions: xsailer and John70

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Colorado got sick of it. I'm thinking Big O put his foot in it this time but then again I didn't think he would get in the last time. His followers have a real warped sense of what America USE to be. If it's a freebie lets vote for it.

BTW I was at Old Ben's grave site a couple years ago. If you've not been there it's a very unassuming grave in a typical cemetery that incidentally several of the signers of the Constitution are also buried there. Everybody throws pennies on Ben's grave. Lot's and lots of them.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek: havent been to see Ben..yet. We want to do the New England tour in the fall either next year or the following. Next spring is MOAB! in the Jeep.;D

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I think most folks that's not been back east to view our short history look forward to the visit. I did and enjoyed the seeing Philly and Constitution Hall and etc. BUT MOAB sounds like fun too, especially in a jeep. Back East trip for you is a hell of a long ways from you.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Indeed but we'll fly...well, the plane will do the flying with us inside...;D We belong to RCI so we can use our time share there and save $$$$...there is a big gun show there in October each year in Gettysburg PA. We're going to try and hit it all....maybe buy a piece of history. I have a 1863 union officers saber, engraved by Tiffany's of NY. Plus a few other smaller pieces...

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Gosh, Tiffany's. Do you have any history on the Sabre?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:( unfortunately I do not....I bought a few years ago from a fellow who collects...He needed some fast cash to purchase a Roman sword...Sorry the pics are poor. The old gentleman in the picture below the sword is my gr8 gr8 grand-pappy Gen AP Hill. The hilt, if you can read it, says "tiffany & co" NY

Saber.jpg Saber I.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,388 Posts
Very cool..........

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, when my gr8 grandmother died, my red-neck relatives pilfered her house and his saber and cloak disappeared...prolly slicing watermelons with it.:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
It would be a real shame to loose Civil War family stuff. I was going to say it hard to imagine family doing things like this but, like you, I know it happens. It's a shame for your family keepsakes. The cloak at least would have been nice to have for sure. Have you looked Gen AP Hill up on the internet? If I can get the wifi to hold on longer I would do it myself. The best time for using it here is early morning.
Really neat looking little wall area. Can you imagine what they could've done with a few 45's auto's?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks Bob. Yea, all my family indirectly came from Virgina and Hill went to VMI ...There's a statue to him in Richmond Virgina town square. After the civil war they all moved to Oklahoma territory.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts