Kahr Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 14763 Posts

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Well ok ill join in. I just picked up an Mk9 yesterday, and plan on it being my main carry gun. I carry IWB with a DeSantis cozy partner. Carried all day yesterday and today at my side, so far it's really great. I think it's perfect for me, like the heft and you just got to love that trigger. I don't mind the weight as I was carrying a Colt officers 45, compared to that its a dream. Anyway, my rant is while at the gun shop I saw a P380. I had one about a year ago and traded it for a Sig 380, and now I wish I hadn't. It was in a moment of weakness, now I just have to have one again ! Why did I have to see that P380, I think it was calling my name, if you know what I mean.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Ordered 2 extra mags and textured wood grips for my MK9 from Kahr this morning. I can't wait to install those grips, the pictures I have seen with them on the MK really look sharp.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Great Kahr customer service. Last week I ordered a checkered wood grip from Kahr for my MK9 and 2 extra mags. When the package came whoever filled the order forgot to pack the mags, so I only got the grip. I called Kahr and told them what happened, the person I spoke with was very nice and simply said she would take care of it. A couple days later Fed Ex shows up with the 2 magazines, good deal. The grips are very sweet, made by Hogue and fit perfectly !

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Yeah they add a nice touch to a gun. These are also a little thicker than the originals along with the checkering give a really nice feel and grip. I'm a happy camper.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Gun show this past weekend in Ft Lauderdale, I was able to restrain myself and not go. My MK9 purchase a couple of weeks ago will have to hold me for a while..........a little while anyway. I ordered a speed loader for its single stack mags and it should be in the mail today. I think I'll head over to the range and let some serious lead fly this afternoon, now that i wont be tearing up my thumb this time, thanks to mr speed loader.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
I went a couple of months ago just before everyone started to go nuts buying up all the ammo and guns. The last show here lines were all the way out the door and down the side of the building. Just ridiculous, and when I did go the prices weren't great either. When I'm ready to buy my P380 ill patronize and support a local shop that I have bought from before.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Here's the thing about guns, most of us have as many as we need and more that we don't really need. When the itch starts to get another, the one you saw at the LGS or at the range, you just can't get it out of your mind till you have one. Then in your case where you get the hankering to have another without being able to find one, it becomes kind of an obsession. But you know one is in the near future. It's really torture isn't it.........but of a good kind !!!

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Went to my LGS / range this morning to shoot my MK9 and they had no 9mm ammo to sell at all. Now I have a precious few boxes left, but don't want to burn thru it until I can replace them. I asked what were they able to keep in stock for range use, 40 S&W he said. Soooo I decided to look at their 40 cal guns. Well I ended taking home a new Kahr......of course, the K40. I just love my MK9 and thought that the K40 with its longer grip and barrel would suit me fine, and it did. I can even use the same holster as my MK, sweet. I didn't shoot it as I wanted to take it home to clean and lube it before hitting the range. Boy it feels nice in hand, can't wait to shoot it !!!

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
It's crazy......here there's like no 9mm ammo to be found, at least where I have gone. The range had plenty of 40 S&W FMJ and self defense ammo on hand, and its cheaper than the 9mm was before they ran out. Just nuts.............

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Well I cleaned and lubed my new K40 today, tomorrow morning I'm heading over to the range to run a 100 or so rounds thru it.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
I'm sitting home waiting for a delivery, so I can then go out to the range. I was looking at some YouTube videos and saw a guy dissemble a k40 using a plastic spacer to hold the slide open. This gun as I found out is a mother to hold the slide back in position to remove the release lever to take the slide off. The spring tension is incredible and you almost need 3 hands to do it. Add to that, the lever just will not come out with a finger press alone. You need the plastic head of a screwdriver or something to push it in. So I call Kahr, and sure enough they sell a plastic take down block spacer that goes in the opened slide. The block holds the slide open at just the right spot so you can then pop the release lever out !! Whew, what a relief and who would have thought ?!

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
Ok, just got back from the range. Shot my K40, ran 100 rounds of FMJ, then a couple of mags of golden saber SD ammo thru it. Wow, what a sweet shooting gun. She ran flawless, smooth with the precision of a well made mechanical watch. Kick is a bit stout, but very manageable. I'm going to really enjoy this gun for the range and carry.

·
Administrator
23,695 Posts
When the guy at the range asked how it shot as I bought it at their gun shop, I told him just great, very smooth. He said what else can I say it's a Kahr........!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 14763 Posts