Kahr Forum banner

43481 - 43500 of 43533 Posts

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Yeah .... just what I needed more x more = too much of that crap..... although they do clear the roads very quickly here..... it’s just not fun knocking a foot of snow off the car and digging out around it ..... I might buy a cheap electric snow blower to clear the path to and around my car .... !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You need a gar, bev, & something like this:

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Good morning..... well it’s 12 outside and higgyville weather has struck yet again with more white stuff..... luckily just a couple of inches this time.... so here I sit on the recliner at the end of my couch closest to the heater with a cup of coffee just thinking about what is on my breakfast menu !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Morning....having my first cup. It's wet outside, and i will need to go to town to pick up meds and a few things at the grocery store. My old new car rides pretty good. I just hope it holds together and lasts a looong time.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Good morning...... it’s 12 outside and sunny .... at least no higgyville white stuff is forecast today..... so all is as it should be ..... hot coffee ️ and heater are my friends this morning.....

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Morning...19 & it appears the freezing drizzle has stopped for now...street is a skating rink so will have to find out if the wife's dr. appt. is canceled...

Update: Made it to my wife's appt. but a lady in a fwd car couldn't make it through the light out of the subdivision spinning her tires on the slight incline but no problem with the Subaru pulling around her before the light changed...the SUV behind me got stuck too. The roads were still ice covered in many places but no problems...watched a guy in his 30's slip & completely land on his back with his feet in the air trying to walk on the sidewalk but was able to slowly get back on his feet. While waiting in the car for my wife I watched a lady try to scrape the ice off her windows without much improvement for 10 minutes so I chipped / scraped the ice off for her...more cold & freezing stuff forecasted off & on through the remainder of this week all of next with highs maybe in the teens some days...makes for cold gar sessions...

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Morning.....was in a seminar with Agatha all day yesterday. She is planning on taking leave in about a week, then all the rest of March- to use up all the leave she has accumulated, then retire as if April 1. Some places you can actually do that.
She is applying for medicare today- once that is confirmed, she will turn in her notice to retire.
Me- I'm just gonna sit and watch all this happen.
Tomorrow I am scheduled to get my covid shot. Have an apt at 11 am. Hope that goes smooth.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Morning...it's warmed up to 19 with some light snow & more to come into next week...keeping a light with incandescent bulbs on in the garage to help the temp above 32...no plans today except to stay warm...2nd covid shot next week...

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Good very late evening/early morning..... day off yesterday and relaxed as it is pretty cold higgyville weather here ... 10 degrees right now with feel like of 2 .... so the best I can hope for is no white stuff.....

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Morning......its raining. Rained most of the night, and will continue most of the day.
Will head out to Pascagoula shortly and get my covid vaccination. Hope I can get inside before I get too wet!

Gave away my old Volvo wagon yesterday to a person who really needed a ride. Feel good about it. Getting used to my new older CRV. Its different, but better.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Finally got my shot today- it was Moderna. Will get 2nd dose in a month.
I will say this about Mississippi- they have their crap together. No waiting in lines, everyone had appointed time to be there and it went smooth. I went through a long maze in my car, and each stop was under a roof so the rain would not be an issue. Last stop was where I waited to see if I had a reaction. When my time was up- they sent me on my way. My total time there could not have been 30 minutes. Smooth and fast- I was impressed.
When I got home- I had an email waiting on me telling me that I have an apt for my 2nd dose on March 12.

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Good evening...... it’s a higgyville 10 degrees..... no white stuff.... worked an ok day today .... trying to get set up for a COVID shot ......

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Good morning..... another cold one ... was 1 degree when I got up this morning.... so you know the deal... coffee and heater on tap.... work later.... at least it’s sunny and no higgyville weather crap on then horizon.....

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Holy crap 1 degree!.......it was 41 when I went out this am, but at least the rain has stopped for a while.

Morning.......Agatha wants to go shed shopping again- getting closer to doing something about that. She is hounding me about getting the electrical hooked up and all that kind of fun stuff. I kinda dread all this crap already.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Morning...9 here & more snow is on the way along with temps forecasted down to -9 deg. F during the next several days. With leaving the dual 60 watt ceiling light on in the garage the temp has managed to stay above freezing but with colder temps I may have to temporarily put & monitor a space heater to insure the water line to the fridge doesn't freeze - has rarely been an issue since it seldom stays this cold for this long...

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Well I was off today.... just did some running around..... set up a rack in my old time kitchen here .... and we are under another winter storm watch....

·
Super Moderator
23,329 Posts
Good morning..... it’s 17 this morning with a 60% chance of higgyville white stuff.... the best I can hope for is just a few inches as the winter weather watch runs through tomorrow as well ..... I’m off so no real plans ..... maybe hit up the gar shop and fire one up !

43481 - 43500 of 43533 Posts